Exercises to lose a lot of fat fast?

I need help losing enough weight by my brother's wedding in June. What are some good workouts to do to lose a lot of thigh and belly fat in 6 months??

Replies

• Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    You can't spot reduce weight loss, it comes off wherever it pleases which is completely based on your genetics.

The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you consume, monitor your food intake, measure everything, and stick to your daily calorie goal. I'd also suggest some sort of resistance training in order to maintain muscle mass during your weight loss.

You have plenty of time until your brothers wedding, the biggest thing to lose weight is to keep track of the food you eat, and make sure you're eating at a deficit. The weight training generally helps with aesthetics, making you look more "fit" or "toned" as it were.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    You can't spot reduce weight loss, it comes off wherever it pleases which is completely based on your genetics.

The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you consume, monitor your food intake, measure everything, and stick to your daily calorie goal. I'd also suggest some sort of resistance training in order to maintain muscle mass during your weight loss.

You have plenty of time until your brothers wedding, the biggest thing to lose weight is to keep track of the food you eat, and make sure you're eating at a deficit. The weight training generally helps with aesthetics, making you look more "fit" or "toned" as it were.

^^this

Also use a digital food scale to weigh your food so you have an accurate calorie count. Check out the stickied posts at the top of the forums for great general knowledge that will help.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    fork drops
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    The best exercises to lose fat are fork putdowns and table pushaways, because calorie deficit is what creates fat loss. The fat will come off when/where it comes off, according to your genetics (as said above). No exercise will "spot reduce" or target where you want the fat to come off from.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Not sure how much you think you need to lose. By June you should easily be able to lose 13-25 lbs if you don't have much to lose and even more if you are heavier than your pic portrays.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    run sprints
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    I agree with the above posters who suggested weightlifting and sprints as excellent choices. I also agree with the posters who suggested negative net calories..."you can't out-train a bad diet".
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,020 Member
    lcuconley wrote: »
    I agree with the above posters who suggested weightlifting and sprints as excellent choices. I also agree with the posters who suggested negative net calories..."you can't out-train a bad diet".

I don't see anyone above who recommended negative net calories, and that's a very bad idea. Negative net calories would mean that you burned off as much as you ate, plus some, which is WAY too low an intake. Women should aim to NET a minimum of 1200 a day. This will still result in weight loss and will keep your body running.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    edited January 2016
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    The best exercises to lose fat are fork putdowns and table pushaways, because calorie deficit is what creates fat loss. The fat will come off when/where it comes off, according to your genetics (as said above). No exercise will "spot reduce" or target where you want the fat to come off from.

I like to superset my table pushaways with jawclamps. I find that combining the two really turbocharges my fat burning efforts.