Fitbit Zip

Options
Hi All,

For those using the Fitbit Zip, would you recommend this product? I am interested in the popularity of the device but im worried it might just be a glorified stepcounter

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The only exercise I do is step based, so the zip is perfect for me. I've never had any trouble with it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The only problem i had with the zip is that it is SUPER easy to forget and accidentally wash with clothes.

I did it twice by accident before it died on me. :)
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip. I don't think I exert myself enough for heart rate to matter. I definitely don't want to wear anything on my wrist. The Zip is perfect for me.

If it breaks or I wash it, I will buy another Zip.
  • skeenanc
    skeenanc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried the zip and now the charge HR and the zip was overcounting my steps. It would give me steps just for pulling my pants up and down in the bathroom
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    mazjubean wrote: »
    Hi All,

For those using the Fitbit Zip, would you recommend this product? I am interested in the popularity of the device but im worried it might just be a glorified stepcounter

The zip is just a stepcounter, I'm pretty sure. It counts steps and distance walked. The calories it counts are based only on your BMR + steps that you take
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I love my Zip, I wear it on my bra and I've never noticed it miscounting. When I got it I was very critical and tested it a lot, and found it to be very accurate.

Yeah, it's a pedometer, and it doesn't have most of the extra functions the more expensive Fitbits have. My exercise is walking though, so a pedometer is a good way to calculate your calories burned at the end of the day. I don't need a HRM or sleep analysis, so I'm glad I don't have to pay for them.

The difference between a $10 pedometer and the Zip is that with the Zip, you get a Fitbit account and everything that comes with it. It calculates that calorie burn for you and syncs to your phone, etc. Now, your phone itself likely has its own pedometer that can sync to websites, so it's just up to you whether you want to pay for the brand.

If I had to choose again, I think I'd go with the Fitbit One, though. You get the 'floors climbed' function, plus it's slimmer (and less doofy looking, haha). I just couldn't justify spending another $40 just for that function though.
  • Leanqueen01
    Leanqueen01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone, I do exercises such as cardio and Gym Classes (Zumba etc) so do you think it will be accurate at measuring the calories burnt during such exercises? I'm not sold by the more expensive Fitbit's as i dont think i would need the additional features such as the sleep monitoring etc.
  • Leanqueen01
    Leanqueen01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    The only problem i had with the zip is that it is SUPER easy to forget and accidentally wash with clothes.

I did it twice by accident before it died on me. :)

This definitely sounds like something i would do too! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yes

love my zip
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had a zip for Christmas and so far I love it. I just clip it to a pocket or waistband and let it do it's thing, so much easier than carrying my iPhone in it's hard case.