fat loss/maintain weight

Whats the fastest way to drop the fat while maintaining weight?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Lift up heavy things and put them down again. Repeat several times a week.
  • kevin_bvbfan
    kevin_bvbfan Posts: 37 Member
    HAHAHA, I love it...however, I have been doing that for several months and can't seem to get things going in the right direction. Been doing weights/cardio/current battle is calorie control. Its not high, just not consistent
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    If you have quite a few years of weight training under your belt or are close to your genetic potential then progress will be slow.
    Just wait until your 50's..... It doesn't get any easier! :smile:
  • iShineBright_27
    iShineBright_27 Posts: 29 Member
    Me personally, I've always struggled with sticking to diets. Personally I found reverse dieting the best way to figure out how your body works, how it intakes food and how it processes for fuel! Once I found out the balance that best suits my body, I adjust my carbs & fats to increase my metabolism rate and then a mini cut to see more definition in my muscles. I started at 130lbs which is pretty healthy for my height and an 18% body fat... 60 days later I'm at 126-128lbs and 15% body fat.

Feel free to ask me how to reverse diet and/ or how to count your macros!

I work out about 6-7 days a week for about 2-3 hours, mostly weights and cardio here and there. How often you eat is KEY!! You want to be eating about 4-6 meals a day, if you can't do that due to work or anything. I make sure to fit a protein shake inbetween meals I know I wont have time to sit down and eat a solid meat. Also, you want to make sure you are always eating a protein & a veggie every 3 hours to keep your body always burning fat and maintaining lean muscle! Another thing to keep in mind for your diet is fish about 2-3x a week or at least be taking fish oils everyday, which I do!

Lastly, SUPPLEMENTS are going to be a HUGE help in losing fat, maintaining or whatever the fitness goal is! Multivitamins, fish oils, protein powder (isolate & whey) are going to be the main ones but there's more products out there that can help you enhance your results!

I hope this helps anybody reading this! Feel free to ask me any questions! :)
  • kevin_bvbfan
    kevin_bvbfan Posts: 37 Member
    Supplements: vitamin d, fish oil, whey protein, creatine, probiotic. Don't plan on adding more than this
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I promise I'm not trying to be mean, but did you just copy and paste this from one of your earlier posts? http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34896467#Comment_34896467

5hdjtv2zcnio.jpeg

It's very distinctive advice, so I remembered. Asking people to ask you about additional supplements that might help tends to be suspicious. Sorry if I'm off base here.

In other words, it looks like a Beachbody "coach" or other MLM salesperson trying to peddle their products via the forum. Which is exactly what I thought myself when I read the first post.
  • txkat3
    txkat3 Posts: 8 Member
    For me, people tell me I look like I'm losing weight, and I've gone down about a pant size and a half at the same weight in the last 45-60 days, the answer was TRX/Pilates type workouts. Heavy weights build muscle, but also encourage water retention for muscle repair etc., so unless you're willing to lose all the salt etc., it's an uphill battle. The resistance in TRX and other similar workouts is high enough to build a little muscle mass, yet you can move at an aerobic pace, so the overall workout remains primarily a fat burning workout.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    khddabq wrote: »
    HAHAHA, I love it...however, I have been doing that for several months and can't seem to get things going in the right direction. Been doing weights/cardio/current battle is calorie control. Its not high, just not consistent

If your body fat % isn't high, a small calorie deficit and progressive weight lifting would be my suggestion.