going to friend's house for dinner - help

Options
I am going to a couple's house for dinner. I have no idea what they will serve. They are just regular folks with two little boys. We are eating at 5:30, then at 7 their grandpa and uncle will arrive, which will probably involve another round of food. I made pumpkin pie to take (which I can easily resist). Is it rude for me to take instant coffee (they don't drink coffee). Also, how do I avoid overeating?

Replies

• Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharon,

Definitely not rude to BYOC (Bring your own coffee). In these situations I just make sure to have one serving at the meal time with plenty of water and not pick at any tempting finger foods. Then, you can have your coffee at the later time when they're eating again.

The biggest thing is to just have a game plan going in and tell yourself that you're going to stick to it regardless of what yummy temptations may be awaiting you.

Best of luck, you got this!! :)

-AB
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    not rude to take coffee, i always take what i prefer to drink (non alcohol wise) to other's house, no one has ever batted an eye over it.

somewhat avoid overeating by being mindful of what you are putting on your plate/etc.. eitherway enjoy yourself, if you overeat so what, weight loss/diets are not based on one day. lots of us have overeating days during our journey, we still lose weight in the end.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ok, putting coffee in bag. Wish me luck . I eat to relax in social situations (I'm an introvert)