"Never Eating Again"...?

Options
I thought this was neat but I'm not sure if it's realistic and thought I would share it with everyone. It sounds really cool to me!

http://blog.soylent.me/post/52757545878/weve-been-getting-some-great-coverage-of-soylent

http://www.forbes.com/sites/calebmelby/2013/06/10/a-week-without-real-food-i-survived-and-learned-to-enjoy-soylent/

TL;DR: Apparently a man has decided to "never eat again" by inventing a nutritional drink that fulfills all of the bodies needs. He's personally been testing it for quite a while and has had some very interesting results.

Replies

• Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    Any takers? :]
  • Kalaehdhari
    Kalaehdhari Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a month's supply during the funding campaign. I'm thinking that it might have some potential for a quick meal, but I'm not ready to give up food just yet! I'll let y'all know how it goes when it gets here.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    Awesome! I've been thinking of buying it but I'm just not sure. It does say to have regular meals at least twice a week to make sure that you're getting enough exercise with your mouth (as you won't be chewing anymore) it also says to chew some gum too. Please let me know how it works out for you! :]
  • Nov3mberMistt
    Nov3mberMistt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I dunno. Maybe it's cuz hubby's a chef, but I find myself less and less trusting of things that are not real food. chemically created nutrients...? I'm not even that big on supplements, :p

good luck though.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think thats just ridiculous. Taste is one of the five senses we use to experience life. You're just depriving yourself of one of your senses by ingesting this sludge.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Soylent?

Soylent Green?
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Aggg... Surely the pleasure of eating is not just the tastes but the textures, the inter-marriage between soft and crispy, sweet and salty, sometimes you want cake, sometimes a cracker. Sometimes a piece of cheese, sometimes a piece of chocolate. Sometimes an egg for breakfast, sometimes a bowl of muesli.
    I've just discovered watermelon and feta salad for instance, which is a divine combination.

And what the hell is IN this gunk? do you really want to ingest it?
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
  • refuseresist
    Options
    soylent-green-2.png
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That's no fun. I enjoy creating good, tasty, colorful meals and eating them.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live in a world where food exists but isn't in my mouth.
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Did I hear somebody say eating clean is the way to go? No , tank u, I don't do processed food.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    This has got to be a wind up
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I thought this was neat but I'm not sure if it's realistic and thought I would share it with everyone. It sounds really cool to me!

http://blog.soylent.me/post/52757545878/weve-been-getting-some-great-coverage-of-soylent

http://www.forbes.com/sites/calebmelby/2013/06/10/a-week-without-real-food-i-survived-and-learned-to-enjoy-soylent/

TL;DR: Apparently a man has decided to "never eat again" by inventing a nutritional drink that fulfills all of the bodies needs. He's personally been testing it for quite a while and has had some very interesting results.
    Sounds cool. Having to eat food has really been dragging me down lately. This looks like the perfect solution.
  • MyHealthyTemple
    MyHealthyTemple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Give me real food anyday!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What is up tonight with MFP and wanting to drink everything?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Soylent?

Soylent Green?

You read my mind!:laugh: :laugh:

I can't imagine why anyone would want to give up one of life's greatest pleasures?
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    soylent-green-2.png

This
    Bahahahahaha
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    soylent-green-2.png

This
    Bahahahahaha

yah... I like to know who im eating. free range country folk certified for me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!