Dr. Oz's Day Off Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Dr. Oz is an unfortunately quacky individual who has a lot of media attention. I don't follow anything he says after I tried the "cleanse" juice he recommended and cleansed my colon. Awful.

I think he is a good cardio thoracic surgeon, but a terrible tv personality. You can't be completely brain dead and be able to perform heart transplants. That said, he doesn't really do hospital work much anymore. He just has to pop in from time to time to keep his license.

He's said to have been a good surgeon. Then he fell prey to the allure of big money, jumped the shark and became a TV snake oil salesman, peddling/endorsing things that he should know are scams. But he's getting paid and that's apparently all that matters now.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Dr. Oz is an unfortunately quacky individual who has a lot of media attention. I don't follow anything he says after I tried the "cleanse" juice he recommended and cleansed my colon. Awful.

I think he is a good cardio thoracic surgeon, but a terrible tv personality. You can't be completely brain dead and be able to perform heart transplants. That said, he doesn't really do hospital work much anymore. He just has to pop in from time to time to keep his license.

He's said to have been a good surgeon. Then he fell prey to the allure of big money, jumped the shark and became a TV snake oil salesman, peddling/endorsing things that he should know are scams. But he's getting paid and that's apparently all that matters now.

Yes, I agree.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I have the pleasure of transcribing segments of his show. I did the ones for this new diet before Christmas and had a bet with myself on when I would see the first post on here about his latest and greatest Day Off diet. I bet the second week in January. I almost won a cookie. That I would have made room for and wouldn't have to take a "day off" to eat it.

He's putting a fancy spin on the classic "cheat day" idea. I don't need cheat days. I think, as others have said, it sets people up for failure.

But whether you have a cheat day, take magic beans or listen to Dr. Oz (which I don't recommend) it all comes down to the fact that any diet that creates a caloric deficit will work. If your "day off" causes you to consume too many calories to wipe out the rest of the week's deficit, it will not work.