55/Male. Don't want to feel my age any more!

Options
Planning on going to the gym for aerobic and strength training, cycling and doing MUCH better with my eating habits. Planning to lose 45 lbs. Would enjoy being accountable to folks with similar goals.

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm a 56 year old dad. Lost 66, now I have to lose 20 of that again. I've been on MFP consistently for over two years although my counter has reset a few times for missed days. Take the first 20 off and you will be amazed at much better you feel--virtuous circle will commence.
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    :)
  • joeneely71
    joeneely71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request if you like. I'm 60, down 29 right now, looking to lose another 30.
  • ewarshaw
    ewarshaw Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Shoot me a request, too. I am also 55. Lost 31 pounds in 2014 and dropped my B/P from 136/109 to 106/74 with MFP and a low sodium diet that I made up as I went. Held it for awhile, then spent 5 weeks in Florida helping out my folks. They sit around at lunch discussing where to have dinner. I didn't stand a chance. After that, I kept trying to start back and never succeeded. So, I vowed to start it up again after the 1st. It is surprisingly easy if you have the right mindset. If you don't, it's a struggle every day.