When a guy calls you fat

Options
Like a lot 20 year old girls, I've been unhappy with my body for a while now. I'm not overweight or anything, but I've wanted to make some major improvements so I can look better and honestly feel better. I don't meal feel better energy wise or anything. I mean mentally. Not liking what you see in the mirror, dreading trying on clothes and literally despising looking at your body really takes a toll on ones mental health. But saying all that, I can admit I've been lazy and I can't help but eat crap, so whilst I sit there and hate myself, I, like almost everyone else, only have myself to blame.
Over the Christmas I was out a lot and seeing friends I haven't seen in a while. I was back in a house after a night of drinking with a few friends and I was having a conversation with this guy. Now we've been very close friends for 6 years or so, but he always gets a bit annoyed when I say I won't kiss him. So after me (very politely) rejecting him (for want of a less harsh word) we started saying something like "what would you change about the other person". I thought this was a personality thing until he gets to me and says "ummmm, probably your body"
BOOM! Felt like I had been punched in the stomach. It obviously wasn't a nice thing to hear, and I haven't talked to him since, but in a way I'm glad he said it. He gave me that much needed push to actually do something about my weight. I wish I didn't need a lad literally looking at me and saying he thought I was fat to motivate myself, but if that's what it took, that's what it took. So thank you he who shall remain nameless. And I look forward to still refusing to kiss you when I'm a much thinner, healthier Aoife.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh god. Never kiss him, please. And yes-do this for yourself.

Man I'm so happy I'm 30.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    He's being a douche nozzle because you rejected him. Good for you for kicking him to the curb and committing to never kissing him. What a jerkface.
  • mollyann78
    mollyann78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally would write the guy off. No one deserves that sort of abuse.
    I agree with a previous poster about doing this for you and no one else!