i changed my weight loss goal.

Options
when i first signed up and created my weight loss bar, i set a goal based on what i wanted to weigh by ski season next year. i think i was also thinking that if the goal was too big, it would feel overwhelming. well, i guess i'm feeling pretty good about things because i went ahead and added 50 more lbs. to that. that was my original goal for my one year anniversary. 10 lbs a month. seems realistic to me. plus, if i keep that pace, on top of what i already lost, i would also make my ski season goal. even still, the big goal i now set won't get me down to my ideal weight. so i'd still have another goal after that.

Replies

• MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Very nice! Good luck!
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    You CAN do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    You can do it! Hey, if you're going to go for it, you might as well go all in!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, weight loss slows drastically the closer you get to goal weight. Ten pounds a month might work for 2 or 3 months, but after that, aim for 8 for 2 months, then 6 for 2 months, then 4 a month till you reach your goal weight. 121 pounds will probably take almost 2 years to lose in a healthy manner.

Not trying to poopoo on your parade, just don't want you to get disappointed when you suddenly slow down.
    And not to say that these are exact numbers, just a generalization of what probably will happen...
  • jasonweinberg
    Options
    on the other hand, i've lost 16 average for the first two months, so that factors in for losing less per month in the later months. my guess is i'll be halfway there by labor day with 8 months to go. i've only just begun to work on my exercising, endurance, and energy levels. on top of that. in about a month i will be having the lap band surgery, after which i will be on a much lower calorie diet than i am now. so, yes, it is a big goal, but i've already lowered it to 89 lbs. in 10 months, and this is before having the added tool of a lap band. i am also under the supervision of a medical team including nutritionists, so i don't believe anything i will be doing is "unhealthful". i have already discussed these goals with them and they have not discouraged me in any way. i am eating much less, but getting so much more in terms of nutrition, it is really actually quite healthy.

i appreciate your input, though. i wouldn't have posted this if i didn't want it.