Usana reset? Anyone tried? Reviews?

Options
I'm thinking of trying the usana reset. Wanted to see if anyone has tried and does it work, how do you feel on it? Etc...

Tia

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Try MFP, it's free. Anything with the word "reset" sends my spidey senses in overdrive. But a food scale instead, better investment.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Try MFP, it's free. Anything with the word "reset" sends my spidey senses in overdrive. But a food scale instead, better investment.

I Googled it, it's another MLM cleanse/detox scam. I'll just leave these here:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance
  • Meggen327
    Meggen327 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two of reset. Heard about it in a book about menopause. Like the shakes. Snack bars are so sugary. No hungry at all.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Meggen327 wrote: »
    I'm on day two of reset. Heard about it in a book about menopause. Like the shakes. Snack bars are so sugary. No hungry at all.

Why not eat healthy instead?
  • Meggen327
    Meggen327 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been on Usana for 5 days. So full from shakes- not getting enough calories. Just not hungry and forgetting to eat. To answer Wetcoaster- I'm 49, post menopause, work like crazy and this is a very easy way to control calories. Trying to lose 25 lbs. Sometimes eating healthy is SO time consuming, it doesn't realistically fit into my life. Just saying...
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Why is eating healthy not realistic to fit into your life? If you want to be healthy, then you make it work. Just like if you want a new Coach purse or go on a vacation, you make your budget work so it can fit.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    So the one person tacitly endorsing this is admittedly not eating enough.

That should tell everyone all they need to know about how this is a poor course of action. Sadly, it won't.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    At this point it's a sales pitch report and move forward.
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the transformation program because i believe healthy eating is the way to go, but i have been recommended to try the Usana Reset to help resent my glycemic levels and bust sugar and carb cravings. How did you feel after your 5 days was over?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eating healthfully doesn't take any more time than eating poorly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Eating healthfully doesn't take any more time than eating poorly.

This. It is just different food. There are also pre-cut version of vegetables and fruit available. Besides, it would be cheaper to buy the produce yourself, anyway. Besides, consuming shakes and bars only doesn't seem like a great way to get all the essential nutrients, and it is far too low calorie, anyway. Not worth it.