Energy to exercise in the morning

Options
I've resigned myself to the fact that's the only time I can count on to exercise consistently. I have trouble with feeling weak and shaky in the mornings when I try to exercise. I don't feel like that when it's a regular morning. It's like I need to eat something, but I can't really eat breakfast before I exercise because. Anyone else had this and what did you do to curb it?

TIA,
Beth

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You might try eating more of your calories in the evening. I've found that eating more in the evening helps me feel fine to exercise in the morning before breakfast.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For me I will grab a banana or something that I can eat on the way to the gym before I workout. The carbs from it will generally get me through my workout and then I eat a breakfast high in protien after.
  • Bella20102010
    Bella20102010 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You didn't finish your sentence. Why can't you eat in the morning?
    Oops. Thought I went back to edit that. I can't before I work out in the a.m. because I don't have time. I can't eat and then jump into a workout or else I get sick. I have to do the "wait 20 minutes" thing.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Do you workout at home? If not then you should be able to at least eat a banana or a granola bar on the way to the gym. Nothing heavy like a full meal just something with carbs and some sugar (I prefer natural sources of sugar) to keep you system up.