Trying to become a morning person

Options
2»

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    easy - have a child. I now get up at 5.30-6am. A sleep in = 7am!! LOL!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Sometimes I put the alarm clock someplace that I can't reach from the bed. If I have to get up to turn it off, I generally can keep myself from getting back into bed. I also set my coffee maker to turn on by itself at the time I want to wake up and the smell of the coffee helps me get moving too.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am three mornings a week to get a 30 minute run in. I have to be on my treadmill by 5:30 in order to finish in time to shower, get my kids up, and everyone ready for the day. I've learned that the 30 min lead-in time gives me a few minutes to change into my workout clothes, brush my teeth, drink a cup a coffee and "wake up" before killing it on the treadmill.

In the colder months, I keep my fluffy bathrobe right by my bed to snuggle into - it makes getting out of bed a bit easier. I keep it on until I actually get on the treadmill, then the cold motivates me to run faster to warm up!
  • meeganbrett
    meeganbrett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get up a little early to have coffee
    Snd check my phone for news before going to the gym. Makes it less painful. I get up as early as 4, but usually 445.
  • sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been working out in the morning before work for the past two weeks! Always been a night owl before but I have a new job and can no longer do it! I set my alarm out in the kitchen so I have wake up and walk out to turn it off - by then it's pretty easy to resist getting back in bed. I have coffee on the way to the gym and always lay my gym clothes out the night before. So far it's been a great change of pace and im feeling really good!
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you are not a morning person, start slow - for the first week get up early 3 days to work out. Maybe you don't work out for the first week but just get yourself out of bed at the time you would need to. Do one of those for a couple of weeks. Basically you are building a habit - wont happen overnight :smile: .

As others have suggested, make sure you have a plan for exactly what you want to do for that morning workout and once the alarm goes no snooze - get right up.

I am trying to do the same as you and so far this week I have worked out twice at 6:15a but I have been out of bed by 6:30a every morning (an hour earlier than usual). To me, that's a good start to building a habit...

Good luck!!!!

• TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I do an at home workout in the mornings and in addition to the previous suggestions, I will have a pre workout ready and mixed beside my bed so if I'm struggling - I down it. There is NO resting after that choice is made!