Any other MOOV users?

Options
I have one of the original MOOVs still in the box. I got in on the original crowd-funding. I am curious if anyone else uses one, specifically for cycling and running, and what your thoughts are.

Replies

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a Moov Now on order :smile: I plan to use it mainly for the running coaching as I'm looking at working up to a half-marathon this year.
  • djmanos65
    djmanos65 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I will be curious to know what you think. I REALLY the coaching apps.

I can't believe I have let this thing sit in the box all this time!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well when Amazon finally get around to sending mine to me, I will be sure to post an update :smile:
  • HughesHanny
    HughesHanny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a MOOV Now and absolutely love it... the app is a bit rubbish and it's a shame that you can't log exercises that you have completed yourself (not through the coaching app) but if you're using it for running and cycling, it'll be perfect. There are 2 'workouts' which are classed as self guided, tracks what you're doing, analyses it but you can do you're own thing
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    I have a Moov Now. There is a group here, although there are few members at this point.

The app is really immature and needs development. What it has is pretty good, but what I wanted it for was cycling, and with it being winter where I live, the lack of an indoor cycling option is a big disappointment. On Android, I find that when I have the Moov app running it really slows down my wifi, although it does not affect the 4g data speeds.
  • cully_c
    cully_c Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Got mine for my birthday! Got it mainly for swimming, which it's been great for (although I always burn 0 calories!! Think there's a problem there
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Love it so far! Swim tracking is the main reason I got one, and it's worked great so far. Looking forward to second Moov integration for kick analysis, whenever that comes out. Haven't gotten the chance to test out the running app yet because I hate treadmills.

Two things that would make it better:
    1) A more attractive band for everyday wear. It interferes with my watch and clashes with EVERYTHING since I never wear sporty things unless I'm actually working out
    2) Ability to sync with MFP
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've got a MOOV Now, and too bought it mainly to track my swims. Overall a pretty good tracker although it doesn't always record butterfly correctly. It'd be great if they incorporated a kicking function too.

cully_c if you look on the 'DETAILS' tab after your swim the calories are listed at the bottom. Sometime mine show up on the main screen sometimes they don't?