bloated

Options
Iv been trying to lose weight but I see no progress at all. Iv been eating vegetables but I always feel so heavy. After every meal it's like my belly just gets bigger and bigger. I'm always feeling sluggish and it so hard to do my daily activities w/o being uncomfortable. It's so hard. I don't know what to do...I feel heavier and heavier by the day. Any advice??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on?
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    open up your diary and let the experts take a look (I am a hack no expert but am down 26 pounds) need more info, where you are at weight, where you want to be, height, exercise routines, food intake. Good luck you can do it!
    Rob
  • reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on?

This would be good to know - might be worth seeing a doctor about?

Also, are you drinking lots of water? e.g. at least 2 litres a day
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree, more info is needed. How long has it been going on? Did it just start when you changed your eating routine? What else are you eating? Exercising? What besides veggies are you eating, what kind of veggies? some are very gassy, which can cause bloating.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    A lot of people that start dieting and eating more vegetables and whole grains deal with fiber overload, especially when it's mixed with not getting enough water in. Are you constipated and gassy too? Does it dissapear by morning (or really after any longer time period between eating)? When you make major changes to your diet expect some kickback, opening your diary so people can see what you've been eating can help people give a little more advice.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    "Eating vegetables" does not equal weight loss. You can gain weight eating a lot of vegetables just like you can gain weight from eating too many donuts...though it would take more vegetables than donuts, of course.

Sounds more like a question for your doctor unless there are details you haven't told us. Simply eating vegetables shouldn't be causing this type of reaction. Unless it's all in your head.
  • kutlwanosamuels
    kutlwanosamuels Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 - litres of water everyday. I I eat veggies like broccoli and cauliflower and greensalad. I walk run and do some strength training.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 - litres of water everyday. I I eat veggies like broccoli and cauliflower and greensalad. I walk run and do some strength training.

When did you increase your vegetable intake? How long has this been going on?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Salad- primarily lettuce bloats me so bad. Broc and Cauli are known to cause gas and of course with that comes bloating. I have to take a Phazyme (gas relief) when eating those veggies and I can no longer eat lettuce/salad. It has to be a heavy green salad like spinach.
  • ericafranz
    ericafranz Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Carbs can cause bloating -- on days when I do cardio I increase my carb intake and immediately get super bloated. Edited to add, by carbs I mean vegetables and greens.

You might look into trying a Keto diet, which is higher in fats and lower in carbs and helps with bloating for sure.