Over 150 lbs to lose! looking for support and new friends

Options
I'm back after a break that lasted longer than anticipated. I deal with multiple sclerosis and depression but they DON'T define me. Looking for new friends and anyone with an autoimmune condition I'm doing the Terry Wahls Protocol for Autoimmune conditions. Similar to 'Grain Brain' and it Paleo focused but with some tweaks. That's my personal choice right now to help ease MS symptoms and reduce inflammation - the cause of so much dis-ease!! But I don't care what you follow just looking for positive, compassionate people for friends and support :)

Replies

• tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back on track and looking to lose 100lbs. I have psoriasis, which is an autoimmune disease. I am doing gluten free to see if that helps.
  • tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    PCOS here would love to add as friends if you like and give support :)
  • yvettedutchie
    yvettedutchie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 125 lbs myself, you can add me if you like. Lets motivate each other!
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is helpful to add me - I have done it and have lost over 150 lbs in the last 18 months and would be happy to give help and support!
  • meltingaway90
    meltingaway90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose just under 100. I have lost 38 so far! I am also doing paleo with tweaks as well. Feel free to add me!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    tjames30 wrote: »
    I am just getting back on track and looking to lose 100lbs. I have psoriasis, which is an autoimmune disease.

((Waves)) I have psoriasis as well! And a lot of weight still to lose :smile:

• Sdel329
    Sdel329 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm back and ready to do this. I need lose at least 100lb. Going for my short term goal of 15 pounds to start. Things are getting harder to do the heavier I become. I need to change the direction I'm going. Looking to add friends for support.

I don't know if it is helpful to add me - I have done it and have lost over 150 lbs in the last 18 months and would be happy to give help and support!

Wow, way to go!! Can you give some ideas on what you did to achieve this goal? Our family just joined the YMCA. I'm looking forward to exercise and eating better.
  • sassycassy631
    sassycassy631 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to lose around that much to and I would love the help and motivation!
  • Bourdon01
    Bourdon01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to lose 150 lbs. My weight is causing me physical problems. I have Achilles tendonitis in both of my feet which makes it difficult to get around. Not to mention the added weight causes pain in my back, hips and knees. I also have developed sleep apnea due to my obesity. I have noticed the circles I travel in that I am the largest woman and I don't like that title. I am tired of sitting on the sidelines letting life pass me by. I am also tired of being embarrassed of how I look. I am looking forward to using this site to manage my food intake and to get support of other members in the community that are striving towards the same goal.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    180lbs to lose here. I live with depression and anxiety, which can be a real b**** when trying to diet. I have IBS, which can be a real (literal) pain in the butt too!.
    Feel free to add me if you like. I can't promise to always be a ray of sunshine, but I find its easier to 'get by with a little help from my friends' :smile:
  • lancelyell
    lancelyell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Always happy to help. I know how tough it can be but I promise you can do it!
  • malsaeed03
    malsaeed03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have over 250 pounds to loose. Feel free to add me :)
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, it is doable! Break your weight loss down into small 10 pound steps & celebrate your success at meeting each mini goal. I'm down 64 pounds currently with around 60 more to go :)
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi I have about 140lbs to lose - have suffered with Depression for about 30 years and find when I am depressed I tend to binge eat - am in a good place again for a while and hopefully will be able to achieve a bigger loss this time - am in a much better place than I have been for many years so feeling positive and looking to achieve a lot more - I find breaking it down in smaller goals tends to work for me - my first aim is to lose about 40 lbs by the end of April which is when I am hoping to be going abroad with my son for the first time - happy to add you as a friend and we can support each other along the way - have decided to join slimming world to lose the weight but want to be on here for online support too
  • GarysRae
    GarysRae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just getting started on this site, too. I have about 130 lbs. to lose and have Type II Diabetes and arthritis - both of which are auto-immune, as well as sleep apnea, and depression. I've joined a program through my church, but will welcome any additional support and encouragement. Right now I'm doing a basic calorie count diet with an emphasis on controlling my carbs to help control my blood sugar levels.
  • Chelseas_Journey
    Chelseas_Journey Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi I'm just getting started on this site as well. I have about 130 pounds to lose and suffer from chronic back pain and depression. Both of which are getting increasingly worse as I get heavier and heavier (I tend to binge eat when depressed so it really is a viscous cycle). I am a stay at home mom to a 1 year old and would like to be able to play with her and everything with little no pain. The weight keeps me from living my life because I am really embarrassed by it. I am looking to steadily lose weight and keep it off. Feel free to add me.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm trying to lose 120 lbs and started yesterday in MFP. My previous food diary is no longer free to use so I moved here :smile: Depression and binge eating disorder are making it hard but I'm finally learning to control binge eating so I can actually lose weight :smiley: Feel free to add me!
  • chillimummy
    chillimummy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I started last week with 4 stone to lose. Severe arthritis in knee meant knee replacement few years ago after years of pain. Need it to last long as possible so need weight off and to keep it off! Feel free to add me also x
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am also on the weight losing boat. I have a sensitibity to gluten so try to keep it to a minimun not totally getting rid of it although my doctor said he believed I don't have it, so I am testing. I did stop eating gluten in the past and I felt much better but the pain got back. I do get a lot of joint pain since about 2 years ago and not totally sure what's causing it. I also have carpal tunnel which is very painful.
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me friends.