Open diaries?

Options
I was wondering if members with open diaries would mind letting me look at them. I am a 400 pound male living on chips n pop getting average of 60 grams protein daily and now have high blood pressure. I read I need double that for my weight but not sure if that is true, if your a body builder please I only want the average person who does not need extra protein. Thanks and have a great day!!

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mine is open, feel free to look.

I do not meat/chicken/seafood/eggs/soy products or junk food. Watch my sodium and just started watching my sugar. Feel free to ask me any questions.

I have paid for Premium as I wanted to do calorie cycling.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Mine is open.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im nowhere near your stats (5'1 female LOL) but mine is open. i eat pretty darn normal lol

i will say i dont pay attention to my macros but i DO know i very rarely come anywhere close to my protein 'goals' lol
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. I like chips and pop too but I switched to diet. My goal on average is about 1900 without exercise but it's more like 2600-2700 with. My protein goal is about .6 times my weight in pounds.
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Friend me! Mines open to friends!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5'2 girl here. I get about 60 grams of protein a day.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Mine is open.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    open.peruse away.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Feel free to look. I'm vegetarian and try to eat whole foods.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Mine is open - but I'm eating low carb, moderate fat, with the remainder of calories coming from fats (since that's what's left when the other two are limited.) That means it may look rather odd. My protein limit is around 60 grams a day - since diabetes (the reason for the low carb diet) and excess protein are both hard on kidneys.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Have you set up your profile in MFP? I took a look at your diary and it's showing a goal of 2520, but no entries (at least for the past several days, which is how far I looked back). In my experience, MFP is good at setting goals and limits.

My diary's open, feel free to take a look.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I'm a 5'6" female, weighing at about 210 pounds, down from 250+.

I'm not following any specific diet, other then trying to eat a variety of foods and to limit calories for weight loss. I still eat sweets and salty snacks.

Feel free to add me or peruse my diary.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I follow a low carb high fat (aka ketogenic) way of eating which I started for medical and health reasons back at the beginning of September 2011. Feel free to poke around and take a look if you are interested (I was 300 pounds when I started this way of eating (WOE) and so far I've eliminated 140 pounds). Needless to say, my Doctor is extremely pleased with me.
  • nicoleaprilhardcastle
    Options
    How do you make your diary open? Just starting and would love for someone to take a look at mine
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    How do you make your diary open? Just starting and would love for someone to take a look at mine
    It's under your diary settings.

My Home > Diary Settings > Change Diary Settings

My diary is open. I'm back to maintaining at 5'7", 140lbs and am aiming for 112g of protein everyday, .8g of protein per pound. I'm more of a sweets kinda person than chips, but I do enjoy some Doritos and Cheetos every now and then.
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    feel free
  • nicoleaprilhardcastle
    Options
    CooCooPuff, thanks! I changed mine to public. Would love for someone to look it over and tell me what you think. Thanks!
  • Booannie
    Booannie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to view people's diaries - can anyone help? Do you have to request as a friend first? Thanks guys
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My should be open so take a look; I been eating the same thing basically every day except the weekends. Coupled with exercise it did help me loose 70lbs+ tho
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options

I'm not an expert, but this is what I see. I'm specifically looking at Sunday, January 10.

First off, it looks as though you're eating a good healthy variety of foods, so keep doing that. But try eating closer to your goal in calories, but not less than 1200, no matter what.

You may actually be consuming more calories than you think. For example, the scrambled egg for breakfast. Unless you cooked it in some of the bacon fat, you're not accounting for whatever you did cook it in, or any additions such as milk.

Get an inexpensive ($12-15) digital scale. A quarter of an avocado isn't a good enough measure to know how many calories you're getting. Weigh everything out in grams. You'll be surprised!

Same idea with the tuna as with the egg. How big is "1 serving"? How much of it is tuna and how much of it is mayo? Weigh out each ingredient separately. Also, you probably didn't eat exactly 4 oz of potatoes or carrots.

You're on the right track though, and with some tweaking I think you'll do even better!