SkinnyMint TeaTox??

Options
I am wanting to do the SkinnyMint TeaTox, but I'm a little skeptical of all the success stories...has anyone done it or is doing it? I'd love some input on what to expect while doing it!! Or if there is a better detox to try!

Thanks!!

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The only detox your body needs is to use its own liver and kidneys. Save your money and drink plenty of water with healthy eating.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Be skeptical. There are no good detoxes to try. Your body detoxes itself (liver and kidneys).

Skinny teas have laxatives and/or diuretics. You go to the bathroom more. It reduces the number on the scale, but that's not the same thing as fat loss.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Most of the "detox" teas contain either natural laxatives or diuretics. They cause you to drop water weight or waste very quickly but do not help with fat loss.

Be careful with teas that contain senna. They really shouldn't be used for more than a week.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10202381/weight-loss-scams-and-how-to-spot-them

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ^^Both of the above. If it worked, everyone would already be skinny.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Does not work unfortunately.
  • QueenBae97
    QueenBae97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

You tried it?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

You tried it?

Curious why you would ask that when presented with the other posts. What are your thoughts about the poster who explained that those teas are diuretics and/or laxatives, so any weight loss is due to extra excrement?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

You tried it?

Curious why you would ask that when presented with the other posts. What are your thoughts about the poster who explained that those teas are diuretics and/or laxatives, so any weight loss is due to extra excrement?

Or why they wouldn't ask it of those of us who provided more information. I'd bet I'm not the only one here who did more digging after trying something like this first (never tried the skinnymint, but I've purchased plenty of teas marketed for weight loss over the years!)
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but I'm certain it is another BS marketing scheme to get your money.

THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL OR DETOX!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    The only thing it will cleanse or detox is your wallet. It's a diuretic. You'll shed a few pounds by peeing too much and dehydrate, then gain it back by drinking liquids like your body needs.

Tea is calorie - free or nearly so, any tea gives
    you the advantage of not adding to your calorie load, beyond that it does not aid in weight loss. Better to stick with normal tea.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Stay far away http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/skinny-mint/

Watchdog Verdict

We are not very impressed with Skinny Mint. It seems to promise a way to look gorgeous and improve your health but the truth is that is nothing more than a blend of laxatives and diuretics with some added caffeine thrown in.

This teatox tea is not healthy and will probably cause more health issues than it cures.

In addition, we are very alarmed that it is sold 54 days supply. According to medical advice, you should not take Senna for more than 7 days yet Skinny Mint is encouraging customers to stay on this detox for much longer.

If you wanted to drink a healthy and interesting tea, you would do better saving your money on this and try green tea. That way you may get some weight loss benefit without any of the unpleasant side effects and for much less cost. It is an easy decision. We reject Skinny Mint.
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Don't be another sucker looking for a quick fix. There isn't one.
  • QueenBae97
    QueenBae97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @Wetcoaster thanks for that info!
  • athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I tried it too.. it didnt work, it didnt bother my stomach, but I did like the taste of the teas. I wouldnt buy it again as a cleanse, but if they sold it in supermarkets as a normal tea at a normal price, I would buy it :)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Agree with the PPs - don't waste your money. If you do decide to go ahead with it, be aware that they're generally a blend of laxatives and diuretics so they can impact the effectiveness of medications like the contraceptive pill.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

You tried it?

I've tried it. Surely I should be like one of those posters on the website right? Nope just makes you poop horribly every 2 days. It's supposed to encourage a healthy mind set... save your dolla and just eat well :) (it also gives cramps after you eat on those poop days...oh and I had been on a plateux through it so literally no loss! )