Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Changing Eating Habits

Hello,
I'm currently on a life changing quest, I'm attempting to reduce the amount of carbohydrates and eat more whole unprocessed foods.
This app helps me put everything into perspective, I can list all the foods that I consume in a day, and it breaks it down so that my simple mind can understand it, allowing me to adjust my diet to better my health. As of Jan. 1st I weighed 330 lbs. I'm 6'4" inches tall and for the last 2 years I have been recovering from an industrial accident at work, After Multiple surgeries I am current 60% into my recovery. But the time at home has done nothing but increase my weight while adding Depression, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, and Head aches. I have gained a total of 80 lbs. trust me it's as bad as it sounds,, it's tough coming from an active lifestyle and in a moment be reduced to absolutely little to know activity at all, I took it hard and I'm paying the consequences now. But I know what I have to do and I'm making the changes to better my health for myself and my family, my goal is to loose the 80 lbs I gained and reduce the amount of medications I'm now taking to combat the effects that I've done to my health these last couple of years. Giving up on carbs is tough, breads, rice, pasta, surgery foods, soda, ETC. if there is anyone that wants to buddy up I'm going to weigh once a week starting Friday Jan. 8th and every weak following it would be interesting to see what is working for you guys n your diet, maybe trying different approaches and keeping on track.
HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best on your endeavors.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome Robert! I am so sorry about the accident and everything that comes from it. I'm glad you found us here and are looking to now do your best with your limitations! We are here to help!