Any Martial Artist out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    BJJ white belt who dabbles in Judo at times... Got into it to improve my fitness for fencing and fell in love so now I need to make time for both!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Trained with my kids in Tang Soo Do for about 6 years. My son and I both made it to 2nd dan.
    I had to retire from training after the third doctor told me to stop. Don't want any more foot surgery. One is enough.
    Degenerative osteoarthritis.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid TKD lover, although I've been out of it for a year due to struggling to find a good dojang in my area. I trained in ITF taekwondo for 6 years when younger, and just about every dojang out here teaches WTF. I wasn't impressed with the dojang I tried that taught WTF, so I'm searching for the right place. I just found one dojang that seems to teach ITF, but I don't think I will start doing it again until next year due to school and work commitments. Next year should work better for this.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Got my black belt in Kenpo Karate about 8 years ago, but then got bored with it and stopped right before testing for my 2nd degree black belt. I really enjoy my current routine (running, weight-lifting), but I do miss martial arts every once in awhile. I wish the classes weren't so expensive in my area.
  • johnrossmckay
    johnrossmckay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blue belt. I train 5 days a week for 1.5-2.5 hours. I am the oldest student on the mats. We do 1 hour of instruction followed by 1.5 hours of hard rolling with sprints between rolls. I love it. It's addictive. Not a martial art for people who want to progress quickly. Belts progression can take years and years. It burns a ton of calories. Best part is the community of like minded people from all walks of life.