Big changes

Options
jsafeacct
jsafeacct Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
There have been some big changes since I first opened up this account. When I first opened this account I was lying to myself about how much I weighed and how I got this way. I told myself "This can be handled in a few months your only 270". Well about 3 months ago I actually got serious about weight loss thanks to a friend of mine. I weighed myself for the first time in who knows how long and found out I was at 310. That was a hell of a wake up call if I ever had one. I'm happy to say now that; when I tell people I'm around 270, its true. I weighed in at 275 last time and im coming up on my 3 month mark in a few days.

This is a big milestone for me because I had originally planned to only be at this level of dedication for about 3 months. I figured "If it only took 3 months for the Marines to get me into shape then it should only take 3 months to do it myself". Well I will say this, I lost about as much weight on my own as I did in boot camp lol. The thing is I dont think the way I did 3 months ago, it settled in that the weight I put on is going to take a long time and a lot of effort to shave off. Im ok with that though because I have slowly started to enjoy the process.

I like coming home from the gym every morning and having my kids want to feel my muscles; hell I love having the energy to play with my little ones. I love the fact that my 6 year old son will randomly ask to do pushups with me now or ask if we can get weights for the garage. Hell I love that I can carry my little girl on my shoulders without my back hurting after only a few minutes. These little things are my daily motivations that have helped to change my outlook and keep driving me forward towards mt goals.

I was originally hope to get down to about 250 but since I've started I think might want to go even lower than that. Im not sure where I'll end up but im excited to see and wouldn't mind connecting with other people looking to make these kinds of major changes. I honestly think making this a public goal will help me stay on track.