Going to a Wedding this weekend! Help!

Options
Hey friends! I'm going on a mini road trip this weekend to go to my friend's wedding; any ideas on how to stay in the calorie limit with a roadtrip and wedding?! Please help :) you can add me if you're looking for a WFP buddy!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat at maintenance or just go and enjoy and eat as reasonably as you can.

life happens. not being in your calories happens. even if you eat over, its unlikely you gain much, if any, weight. additional weight from sodium falls off pretty quick.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Gas stations and resturant have lo calorie food. A mcdonalds hamburger is like 250cals. Eat less the day of the wedding to save calories for the reception.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend! Eat reasonably, walk when you can, and try not to stress over it. The key is getting back in your routine immediately upon your return.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a 2 week business trip. It is a road trip. I have planned out my snacks already and am bringing them along (no TSA yay), have a shopping list for my in room fridge when I settle in, insisted on a hotel with a gym, and do plan on going a bit over in the weekend at restaurants BUT refuse to feel guilty about it. I will not be eating enough in those 2 days to negate all the rest of my work.

Go and have fun! Dance a lot at the reception.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I went to one early December and, well, it didn't go that well for me, lol. I saved calories for the rehearsal dinner but it still didn't cut it (I did great until that chocolate bark and strawberry shortcake showed up), and the hotel had those AMAZING danishes for breakfast... oh and the wedding cakes were delicious too. And they had mini croissants stuffed with different kinds of salads... yeah.... I went *just a tad* over.

I'd just say - enjoy yourself, splurge on what's worth it, and pass on what isn't.
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eating something healthy before you go to the reception. And drink a glass of water at the reception before you eat. Just stat focused.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? You have a pretty good idea what too much is, no? Just don't OVERDO. You survived Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, right?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend and don't worry about it :)

It's one weekend out of many, it isn't going to set you back. You're human.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Do you foresee your friends getting divorced and married again at any time in the future? This is probably and hopefully the only time you will go to this friends wedding. Therefore you need to enjoy it as much as possible. It's a wonderful thing to celebrate.
    So accept you are going to eat lots and probably drink lots. 1 or 2 days have zero effect on your long term goals of weight loss. So go and enjoy yourself and then moment you are back from your weekend away you get straight back on your calorie counting.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Road trips arent toooo bad to make work - pack healthy snacks, make good restaurant choices when you have to, etc. As for the wedding - just eat and enjoy yourself. You dont have to go totally crazy and eat everything in sight, but enjoy the evening and a good meal. One meal/day isn't going to ruin all of your progress. Drink lots of water and get back on track the day you're back home!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Can you bring snacks along so you don't have to eat like crazy when you're outside? If you can find a subway, a 6 inch sandwich or a salad is a decent option.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a wedding that had food so good I'd get carried away eating it.
  • lesblykaplan
    lesblykaplan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast before you start driving. Pack almonds,fruit, and protein shake for snacks. Bring water, 8oz for every hour in the car. Don't stop at fast food! Drink 1 glass of water between every alcoholic beverage. It really is about staying consistent habitually. With the number of weddings, baby showers, holidays, and birthdays...staying on track is a must. Also take only 3 bites of the dessert. Studies show 3 bites is enough to savor the flavor without sabotaging goals.
  • danaeenglund2015
    danaeenglund2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your help! I really appreciate it!! :)