Female Fitness Model Prospect

Options
I am female, 110 lbs, skinny fat. In the past my largest weight was 128 but I definitely felt HUGE. I had muscle but I was also fat! I need somewhere to start. I work 10 hour shifts at work and am exhausted when I come home. I hate my body. I want to get to 118lb while gaining muscle but staying slim and toned. Any advice on dieting and starting to workout again would be wonderful.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Get on a structured program with a progressive overload. Eat at a slight surplus of 250 calories. That's the first step. You're going to gain a little fat no matter what.
  • LibbyLong45
    LibbyLong45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Only 250 calories per day? Or you mean 2500
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Only 250 calories per day? Or you mean 2500

A SURPLUS of 250 calories per day. Calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), and add 250 calories to it to gain .5 lbs per week. You must be lifting though, so that you will gain muscle and not just fat.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A program like StrongCurves would probably be up your alley.

I would also recommend reading the stickies at the top of the page to get some back knowledge of lifting. Generally, you will go through a cycle of bulking (gaining weight with the hopes of adding muscle) and then a cut to reduce the fat gains from adding weight. Fully expect this to take a good amount of time.
  • LibbyLong45
    LibbyLong45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thank you!! my trouble right now is actually GETTING UP in the mornings.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    thank you!! my trouble right now is actually GETTING UP in the mornings.

That's ok not to be a morning person... When fitness becomes as important as brushing your teeth and eating food, you will make time to do what you need to do to achieve your goal...

No one stops you from becoming your best self, but you...

Lift weights and Lift heavy and eat 200 - 250 calories extra a day... Find a program and create a plan.. Stay on the plan.. before you know it you will be there.. Got to put in the work..

Best of luck... :):)
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You could also have a caffeine supplement or pre work out drink to give you the kick needed to get started with your training.