Things that feel wonderful and keep you going

Options
It's slow progress, shedding years and years of flab. The pounds take their time slipping away, and it can feel like I'll never get there.

But already I notice things like:

The way my clothes feel, they hang gently instead of straining over my flab. I feel the fabric move against my skin when I move instead of just riding up.
Getting dressed and undressed, they slip on and off smoothly instead of needing to be hauled on.
I can lean forward say to do my shoes up, or do my toenails, without cutting off circulation or oxygen!
I can sit or kneel on the floor and stand up without the help of furniture!
I can walk faster than my husband, and spend the day on my feet without my feet feeling like they've exploded.
I crash into things less, squeezing between things, because the extra inches on my hips aren't there any more.
I can hug my husband without feeling like one or other of us is having to lean over to reach the other.
I can wrap the towel round when I get out of the shower, and it covers me.
I can cross my legs again.
I can look myself in the mirror and smile instead of turning away.

All these things are much more important than what the needle on the scales says - what little joyful feelings keep you motivated?

Replies

• Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    -New personal records when I lift.
    -Seeing my pace/distance increase when I run.
    -The awesome feeling of walking out of the gym after a workout knowing I've done something good for me.
    -Knowing my father had a stroke at 63, a fatal heart attack at 65, and my mother has diabetes and hypertension at 65, and knowing that when I'm 65 in forty years times, I'd like to be healthy and strong and enjoying my retirement.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Being very flexible during sex
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Camera_bag, you've hit it. :happy:

Also trying on new clothes and they are too big.:love:
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I love that when I put on a bathing suit this year my 19 yr old daughter told me I have better abs then
    her lacrosse playing boyfriend.. I Know i am a role model to her as someone that is self motivated and healthy.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My legs don't jiggle so much! I am wearing skirts and shorts this summer because I love the firming-up look they are getting.

Also, in early April I bought a few things at Goodwill that were a size too small. Guess who's fitting in them now.... :love: This girl!
  • ambercuenca
    ambercuenca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am due on so generally am pretty bloated and can't fit into lots of clothes. On a whim I tried on a pair of trousers that I normally have to squeeze into...they just slid on and zipped up! Great feeling. Can't wait til this "time of the month" is over and the bloatiness goes down as I will have lost even more!
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options

No spare tire in the way :)
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    I just adore my peace and quiet time at the gym at the crack of dawn when the majority of my world is sleeping No waiting to use equipment.. coming home to a quiet house then making my healthy breakfast with coffee. The incredulous reactions when other hear how early I wake up to get to the gym.
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I washed and dried my jeans last night. Normally it takes Olympic strength to get them back on after a wash (and then some squats to stretch them out enough to move in). They slid right on this morning with no problems. That was awesome.
  • kelseymaccombs
    kelseymaccombs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitted shirt-size large-about a month ago from The Loft (when I started I was XL+), and yesterday, my boss told me that it was WAY too baggy! I hadn't noticed, but then I looked in the mirror, and holy cow!! I am avoiding shopping until I'm closer to my goal weight, but it felt GREAT to know that I probably needed a medium, or if not, I'm getting close to it! I don't know that I've ever been a medium in women's clothing...

So happy to read everyone's joy on here. Too often these message boards become negative very quickly. Thanks for this great topic, OP.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I washed and dried my jeans last night. Normally it takes Olympic strength to get them back on after a wash (and then some squats to stretch them out enough to move in). They slid right on this morning with no problems. That was awesome.

This strikes a chord. . I had 34 in waist jeans and it hurt to wear them they were so tight.. Now they fall off when I wear
    them..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    thighs not rubbing together so that I have a rash and it burns
    my new "skinny" cloths being loose
    Giving my other cloths (too big but nice cloths) to a woman's shelter for the woman there
    People who haven't seen me in a while saying "HOLY *kitten*"
    Frenimies being jealous...(I know bad karma my way)
    Better sex....holy crap
    Having my husband grab my butt and saying wow that's hard
    Seeing my son working out again
    Being 40 and FAB and people not wondering why my much younger husband is with me...(he is 30)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I went from excruciating pain in my hip when walking to walking 9 miles.
    My uniform pants are getting baggie.
    I can fit some of my shorts again.
    I've come off all 3 of my blood pressure meds...it was actually 100/60 a few days ago.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

"olympic strength" YES THIS!

I feel ya. I put on my skinny style jeans and omg no hassle! It felt great
  • splashtree1
    Options
    to like my friends and being useful to them,
    to stay in the arms of my man and see in his eyes that he loves me
    give money to my friends,
    have a good massage,
    for my friend have cigarette once a while,
    hug and protect a kid that's in difficult,
    pray together me and my friends even if we're not physically together,
    pray also for different things,
    keep our memories of being together even only with a thought,
    have nice pics,
    remember the jobs that we already know to do,
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Seeing my dog smile when we walk together.
    Feeling my 'fat' clothes get baggier.
    Seeing my belly not stick out so far.
    Yes, watching the scale go down.
    Having enough energy to keep exercising!!!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Camera_bag, you've hit it. :happy:

Also trying on new clothes and they are too big.:love:

Oh isn't that ace! I bought a pair of shorts in a charity shop the other week, just for painting in (my old ones all been sent to charity shops!) And they were a little snug, and I was worried, have I put weight on. I thought they were a size 14(UK) and they were a 12(UK)!!!! I haven't fitted a size 12 since I was in my 20s!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Fitting into clothes that used to be too tight or not even fit at all.
    People actually noticing my weight loss.
    Actually craving healthy foods.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Options
    Oh wow! What lovely things everyone! I'll remember all these next time I find myself staring at a packet of biscuits or a bottle of wine thinking "what the hell, what's the use".

Life's great really isn't it :happy: