Is pregnancy effecting my workout or am i just weaker?

Options

Replies

• mrsaniamanning
    mrsaniamanning Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    There should be no concern i am just wondering why sonething that was a breeze for me for so many years has become difficult all of a sudden and i see pregnant moms walking out of the gym or lifting weights and i even saw a mom with a six pack online that made me wonder why walking with incline is bad.. My mom even hiked up a 14er a week before my birth so thats why i am just wondering :/ i dont want anyone to be concerned i am just curious.. I have trust issues with all doctors because they have given me false diagnostics in the past that made things way worse

I think you're making a lot of assumptions and/or missing a lot of context.

You're doing something, it's just harder than it used to be. You see pregnant people walking out of the gym... do you assume it's not harder for them, as well? Do you think they are doing the same exercises at the same intensities they were before?

I'm sure it is harder for them because they are further along in their pregnancy lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    OP, I'm sure it's pregnancy related. Your intensity is pretty low, so I doubt that has much to do with it, probably more related to calorie needs and a shift in your biological priorities.

On a side note, regardless of the perceived benefits (or lack there of) of medicine, doctors, etc... I love the fact that we all just assume more people is a good thing.

Talk about coming out of left field. OP was asking about fatigue/strength issues. Not whether or not she should have the kid. What the hell man. :confused:

Sorry, maybe I should have directed my comments more clearly. The first was directed at the op. The second was at the folks arguing about the merits of medicine/doctors/etc.

People are arguing the merits of doctors in here???

Where?

:huh:

There was a lot of it on here. Apparently the mods deleted it all. There was some nutbag going on about how doctors are snake oil peddlers.

Did she actually say "all" were?

Because not *all* of them are...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    There should be no concern i am just wondering why sonething that was a breeze for me for so many years has become difficult all of a sudden and i see pregnant moms walking out of the gym or lifting weights and i even saw a mom with a six pack online that made me wonder why walking with incline is bad.. My mom even hiked up a 14er a week before my birth so thats why i am just wondering :/ i dont want anyone to be concerned i am just curious.. I have trust issues with all doctors because they have given me false diagnostics in the past that made things way worse

Honey, are you dense? Pregnancy takes a huge toll on a woman and affects every woman differently. Just because your mom/grandma/sister/friend did something some way while SHE was pregnant. Doesn't mean you can. I got blasted by tons of women when I was pregnant because I stopped working at 8 months pregnant, while they worked up until a day before they were due. They didn't take into account I was working an extremely physically demanding job while they sat at desks.

aw well i mean i understand that every woman is different but i guess that my main surprise is that i am only in my first trimester and i didn't expect to be huffing and puffing until my third :/ lol but yes i get a lot of crap from my mom for it

So that bolded section is really the crux of the issue/question, huh?
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options

Honey, are you dense? Pregnancy takes a huge toll on a woman and affects every woman differently. Just because your mom/grandma/sister/friend did something some way while SHE was pregnant. Doesn't mean you can. I got blasted by tons of women when I was pregnant because I stopped working at 8 months pregnant, while they worked up until a day before they were due. They didn't take into account I was working an extremely physically demanding job while they sat at desks.

aw well i mean i understand that every woman is different but i guess that my main surprise is that i am only in my first trimester and i didn't expect to be huffing and puffing until my third :/ lol but yes i get a lot of crap from my mom for it

So that bolded section is really the crux of the issue/question, huh?

yes :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

You're doing something, it's just harder than it used to be. You see pregnant people walking out of the gym... do you assume it's not harder for them, as well? Do you think they are doing the same exercises at the same intensities they were before?

I'm sure it is harder for them because they are further along in their pregnancy lol

Question, and I am 100% not trying to be a jerk asking, did you research pregnancy, aside from how one becomes pregnant AT ALL before you conceived?

Different trimesters of pregnancy come with various challenges. My "easiest" trimester was my 3rd.
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options

My first trimester I was so sick and weak. My second trimester I got my energy back. My third trimester I got sick and weak and tired again

you give me hope for more energy in my next trimester :D
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Every pregnancy is different. Don't compare yourself to others. Listen to your body. And to answer your main question, yes, it is entirely due to your pregnancy, so take it easy and don't push it :)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Question, and I am 100% not trying to be a jerk asking, did you research pregnancy, aside from how one becomes pregnant AT ALL before you conceived?

Different trimesters of pregnancy come with various challenges. My "easiest" trimester was my 3rd.

As was mine.
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options

yes i am well aware of what it takes to conceive lol and i am aware of side effects but like i said before my role models made it sound like pregnancy was barely there in their day to day life constantly up and about
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options

Every pregnancy is different. Don't compare yourself to others. Listen to your body. And to answer your main question, yes, it is entirely due to your pregnancy, so take it easy and don't push it :)

thank you :)
  • mrsaniamanning
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »
    Pregnancy is about growing a human. Yes it will affect your strength, your stamina, your life LOL. But it's worth it. They push on your lungs, your bladder, and change your posture. If you doctor says dial it down, you dial it down. If you don't you a potentially setting yourself up for losing the baby. Just saying.

And to @mrsaniamanning, congrats on your pregnancy. :-)

thank you!! <3:D
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

yes i am well aware of what it takes to conceive lol and i am aware of side effects but like i said before my role models made it sound like pregnancy was barely there in their day to day life constantly up and about

So the answer is no, you didn't research what actual pregnancy entailed?

I am not trying to be a jerk, I get that you are going off of the experience of people you know -- but the internet is full of info. I legit don't know a single woman who has been pregnant who would say pregnancy is barely noticeable in day to day life. YOU ARE GROWING ANOTHER HUMAN BEING. Things wouldn't be "side effects" of the vast number of women didn't experience them to a degree that it impacted their daily lives.

You are definitely getting good advice here, but you definitely need to be reading up on pregnancy, listening to YOUR body, and consulting your doctor.

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Your role models are probably stretching the truth a lot little.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I was constantly up and about during my pregnancies too. Doesn't mean I didn't feel a thing. Know your limitations. Please.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OP, I'm sure it's pregnancy related. Your intensity is pretty low, so I doubt that has much to do with it, probably more related to calorie needs and a shift in your biological priorities.

On a side note, regardless of the perceived benefits (or lack there of) of medicine, doctors, etc... I love the fact that we all just assume more people is a good thing.

Talk about coming out of left field. OP was asking about fatigue/strength issues. Not whether or not she should have the kid. What the hell man. :confused:

Sorry, maybe I should have directed my comments more clearly. The first was directed at the op. The second was at the folks arguing about the merits of medicine/doctors/etc.

Where?

There was a lot of it on here. Apparently the mods deleted it all. There was some nutbag going on about how doctors are snake oil peddlers.

Ohhhhhh. Well, that makes the convo totally different. I came in after the clean up. Sorry @jacksonpt. :disappointed:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Every pregnancy is it's own story. My daughter had morning sickness through all three trimesters, and vomited with every contraction as well. Not according to plan. Still her pregnancy.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    you give me hope for more energy in my next trimester :D

I'm in the 2nd and it's ~*magical*~, haha! I feel like my old self again, except there's this bump sticking out and getting in the way of everything. First trimester was definitely more difficult with getting the exercise done. Now I feel like I can knock out my workouts and still do more if I wanted to. Hope you see an improvement in a few weeks! :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Where?

Ohhhhhh. Well, that makes the convo totally different. I came in after the clean up. Sorry @jacksonpt. :disappointed:

No worries.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Your role models are probably stretching the truth a lot little.

OP, your role models likely remember and are repeating info about their best days when pregnant. They're not telling you about the multiple other days when the baby was doing uterine kung fu and jabbing them to bits or when their lower legs were swollen and they had to sit around with their feet up or when the smell of bananas made them feel like vomiting. Take their stories with a grain of salt.
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    girl when I got pregnant I was barely not even a month far along and I used to run 8 miles per day and as soon as I got on the treadmill I felt like I was going to pass out That was how i found out I was pregnant you should really take it easy because your baby iS most important then being fit just try to eat healthy and enough because when I was pregnant I tried to exercise and I almost miscarried at 14 weeks so good luck and remember the baby if the most important now