Anyone juice?

Options
Not exclusively juice, but does anyone add a fresh juice to their day?
Trying to get in more fruits & vegetables this way and I'm a total newb. I'm doing a "challenge" now that will work myself up to pure veggie juice. Just wondering how it's going or if you tried it before, how it went? *note that this is not for weight loss per se, i'm trying to eat better and get in healthier foods*

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Doesn't juicing eliminate a lot of fiber?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Although I dislike the lack of fiber and the amount of sugar and calories in juices, I do like a cup of Orange Juice in the morning. OJ one cup: calories 112; sugar 20.8 g; fiber 0.5g.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Juicing is great. Carrot juice is so good and fresh apple or grape or watermelon Yumm! But with a very good blender you can keep the fiber and have a nice smoothie you just add water.
  • wsstryker
    wsstryker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey. I recommend a blender with baby spinach, celery, cucumber, frozen blueberries and half frozen banana with unsweetened almond milk and water. Throw in some collagen protein powder and chia seeds.
    Sounds gross but not bad at all.
  • 4annstar
    4annstar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've juiced every work day for about two years. There are great recipe books available for every kind of juicer and juicing. From what I've read, for those interested in weight loss, stay away from adding a lot of fruits. At first the juice might tasts funny or nasty, but your taste buds will get use to it.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are a better way to get in more fruits and vegetables. Juicing has its place but its more like "extra credit".

A simple and economical juice would be cucumber and celery. Really good for the skin.