About how long does it take to see a change?

Options
2»

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    For me, others noticed the changes before I noticed them myself.

A lot of it is psychological, as well. I was always of the mindset "Oh, I will never look smaller." - even if there was a drop in the scale.

My co-workers noticed the changes before I could really see them. Maybe take a 'before' picture and then do progress pictures every other month or so to see the changes.

You see yourself everyday, it is harder to see changes then.

It really wasn't until I went shopping and tried on a dress in my usual size, only to find out it was much too big, that I realized my body had changed.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I only had about 14 pounds to lose (currently 7 pounds down), so not really that much and I started to notice a difference about 5 pounds down. My thighs don't touch as much anymore, and my upper body seems a bit smaller.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't bother looking at the scale - too variable and its mostly just water weight. In my case, I lost my first real 5 pounds after 3 weeks. (pounds that did not come back). I think a combination of photographs, measurements and weigh-ins are the best way to track your progress.

Keep at it, once the weight starts coming off you'll get hooked. It WILL happen - especially if you're exercising, adding muscle mass and maintaining a calorie deficit. in my case, I added a supplement called Liporidex (which I still take for the energy) which made the process much faster and easier - as i stopped dreaming about afternoon snacks.

The key is to never overdo anything. Its a real lifestyle change after all and simply "working out a ton" is not sustainable long term. If you can get a good workout in addition to clean eating for a month, you'll probably become unable to do without a great workout, it happened to me. Slow and steady wins this race.