FitBit Charge HR is behaving oddly...

Options
Having some issues with my fit bit. It seems to be telling me that I am eating too many calories (I input on MFP) despite it telling me how many calories I've burned.

Its just Way off... I don't get it at all!

Replies

• wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Many accounts have been hacked. It all over media, and I'm hearing nothing but worse news about the HR by the day. There is a lawsuit open due to the gross inaccuracy of the HR features..
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    wdunnett1 wrote: »
    Many accounts have been hacked. It all over media, and I'm hearing nothing but worse news about the HR by the day. There is a lawsuit open due to the gross inaccuracy of the HR features..

The hacks push malware to your computer during the sync if your devise has been hacked. Unless OP has malware found on her computer this is not her problem. In lieu of this, manupulation of certain data such as steps may be seen.

OP, if you could elaborate more on what your are seeing in MFP, vs what data in on the watch itself and inside your Fitbit app on the web or phone that would be helpful.

Also, do the steps counts, distance, etc.. match the device and inside the app (web and phone/tablet)?
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    MFP seems to be basing its 'step count' on my iPhone steps? Which is also annoying.

I'll get that data now, cheers
  • FeebRyan
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Can you log into the web app in Fitbit (not the phone) and see if you have double entries under "Food" ? The reason I say this, is Fitbit is notorius for creating double entries under the food part which will tell you you hve eaten too much..

This may or may not have anything to do with anything but this will rule out one question I have... I am still looking at the data...
  • RoxieDawn
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Here is what I would do if I had this problem... I would login to the web sites on both MFP and Fitbit first. I would look at the diary in both Fitbit and MFP and compare, note the differences. Then check the phone app and compare it to MFP...

I would do the same thing for the exercise calories, also where MFP caputures steps, double check to make sure MFP and Fitbit are syncing the same data.

I would also do comparions on the actual device to make sure what s syncing from the watch is what in on the Fitbit web site app to ppssibly rule out there is anything wrong with the device it self.

Next with my notations in hand, go out to the Fitbit Forums on the Fitbit website and look for open cases or known issues.

If there is not one, create one there.. their moderators are great for repsonding. I may also create a ticket Fitbit pronto , screen shots are what they need when working with them...

They have the best customer service, so they will respond.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    I don't input my food into Fitbit as per the MFP instructions :-)
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    FeebRyan, my husband just started using myfitnesspal and has always used Fitbit to log his food and everything. He switched a few days ago and has been having problems with the two apps syncing together and part of the information will come over and part of it won't. After some searching I found something on Myfitnesspal's twitter page I believe that said as of 01/04/16 they are experiencing issues between them and fitbit. It is creating problems with the syncing of information between the two and they are working on it.

I am still syncing my stuff with no problems, but he can't. We are just waiting a while to see if they get it fixed. Otherwise, the other thing I found said to deactivate the linking of the accounts and basically redo it. That is supposed to fix it if it's a normal problem. However, they said in their article that it may not work right now because it's this other issue.

Does that make sense :) Sorry if it's confusing.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FeebRyan wrote: »

No but your calories go over to Fitbit from MFP. Or did you not choose a food plan in Fitbit?

Where is the 2260 calories coming from on your MFP diary? Have you done the comparisons mentioned earlier...

If someone else out there using Fitbit has this issue, it will be on the FItbit forums and their support can help you if you need it.
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    No I've not chosen a food plan in Fitbit

It's all very confusing :-) I think I'll just go with what MFP says from importing from Fitbit (if it's doing that) though I would love to know how to make it work out my steps from Fitbit rather than from iPhone
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    I managed to work it out, I needed to change the 'steps' on MFP to sync with the FitBit (which I thought would happen automatically) it has increased my steps but given me less calories to use (?) but that's okay, I can work with that.

I just need to eat less, which will be really quite hard!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    FeebRyan wrote: »

I didn't read this whole post, but I have this same look on my fitbit dash, where it says you're 200 Cals over but your MFP is on track and this is because they both have a slightly different number that you should eat to meet your goal. Say you've told both Fitbit and MFP you want to lose 2lbs a week. Fitbit then decides you need 1400 calories but MFP says 1600. I don't know exactly why this is, but I believe it's because each of those numbers comes from different estimations of your body's burn. Neither is correct but neither is wrong. I eat to MFP's estimate because it's more ;)
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    Yes that is a bit of a glitch isn't it. I'm used to it now though and really enjoy the combination of the two :-)

The Fitbit has totally inspired me to do better with my eating. I train so much and burn a lot of calories but the Fitbit and MFP show me how important regulating my food is... It's so helpful I've lost 2.5kgs this week