Newbie! Need advice please...

Options
Hello everyone,
I am 24years old and after having my son 21 months ago I have been trying to loose the gained pregnancy weight. Whilst pregnant I gained 4 stone! And went from a size 10 to a size 14-16 very depressing! I have tried all sorts of fad diets that are meant to make you loose weight fast but have realised that none of them work and that the only thing that does work is eating more healthy and getting more active. I then stumbled on this app.. I have entered all of my details and am allowed 1580 calories a day to stay on track to weight lost. Can anyone give me any advice on wether this app worked for you and what you did to make it work? Any help and advice would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance and good luck to you all on the same journey! X

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The best thing I did was buy a food scale and use it. You look like you're being realistic about your allowed calories (not 1200 ;)). The next step to make sure you are actually eating the amount of calories you think you are. Only a food scale can insure that. Buy a digital one. They're ~$20 here in the States. Learn how to use the TARE button, then weigh and log everything! It really isn't hard at all, once you figure it out.
  • Rach199xx
    Rach199xx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I have scales and will get them out ready to start using. One thing I have always struggled to weigh is dried pasta shells before they're cooked.. Do you know how many grams one cup measurement would be at all?
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I was able to lose 86 pounds using this app. Feel free to add me. :)