Workout clothes help!

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
I need some help finding pants and I'm hoping someone has a recommendation for me!

I'm looking for something kind of specific - I need full-length workout pants that (a) have a drawstring (I can't do the just elastic yoga pant-style waist; the way I'm shaped those ALWAYS slide down and it drives me absolutely insane. I need to be able to tighten them enough to keep them up near my natural waist instead of under my love handles), and (b) they need to have a straight/wide/boot leg opening - so not leggings and no elastic at the bottom. I found ONE pair at Target after looking at 3 or 4 other stores and bought them and they're fine (though I didn't love the way they fit in general), but I'm looking for more options. Can anyone help?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You may have luck if you go to the men's department. I know that I bought my husband some from Target that are drawstring like that.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I get the full length tights from aerotechdesign.com, the biking company. They are high waisted so I feel all held in.

Otherwise, you might try Modell's and then a tailor.
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You may have luck if you go to the men's department. I know that I bought my husband some from Target that are drawstring like that.

Thanks! I've thought of that, and tried it a couple of times, but invariably all men's pants are too tight in the hips for me. My problem is that my hips/butt are extra huge as compared to my waist (like, we're talking a 20-inch circumference differential between my hips and my waist), so by the time I get something that is loose enough in the important places (ifyaknowwhatimean) I need to be able to cinch them to keep them up. While men's pants do have a drawstring, the waist-to-hip issue is 10 times worse, you know?
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    I get the full length tights from aerotechdesign.com, the biking company. They are high waisted so I feel all held in.

Otherwise, you might try Modell's and then a tailor.

Thanks, I'm definitely not looking for tights, but I'll check them out!
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    I need drawstrings too and that is a tough one. Try Ross/Marshall's/TJMaxx. I've also had some luck with amazon for workout gear, but fit is always a gamble.

Oh, I didn't even think of Amazon! (And I don't know why not; I should just have about 40% of my paycheck direct deposited to Amazon since that's where it goes every month :lol:.) I think I found a pair on there worth trying. Thanks!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

Thanks! I've thought of that, and tried it a couple of times, but invariably all men's pants are too tight in the hips for me. My problem is that my hips/butt are extra huge as compared to my waist (like, we're talking a 20-inch circumference differential between my hips and my waist), so by the time I get something that is loose enough in the important places (ifyaknowwhatimean) I need to be able to cinch them to keep them up. While men's pants do have a drawstring, the waist-to-hip issue is 10 times worse, you know?

Well shoot, I had assumed that the opposite was the problem :) That is the issue I usually have--waist bigger than normal for hips.
  • titianknitter
    titianknitter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try Athleta. They are more expensive, but the quality is excellent and they size things for an athletic women's build.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I wear C9 Champion Women's Premium Semi Fit Pant from Target. They have drawstrings and bootcut leg. Just a thought - maybe look at dark lounge pants in the pajama section?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten a few drawstring pants a goodwill. Most stores have s activewear rack. Of course it's hit and miss, but you're not limited to store brands. I usually make a quick stop every week. In fact, I've bought 90% of my workout wear at goodwill, as has my hubby. Good quality brands.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I need some help finding pants and I'm hoping someone has a recommendation for me!

I'm looking for something kind of specific - I need full-length workout pants that (a) have a drawstring (I can't do the just elastic yoga pant-style waist; the way I'm shaped those ALWAYS slide down and it drives me absolutely insane. I need to be able to tighten them enough to keep them up near my natural waist instead of under my love handles), and (b) they need to have a straight/wide/boot leg opening - so not leggings and no elastic at the bottom. I found ONE pair at Target after looking at 3 or 4 other stores and bought them and they're fine (though I didn't love the way they fit in general), but I'm looking for more options. Can anyone help?

I got a great pair of "Danskin Now" at Walmart that are exactly what you described (and only $16) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-DL31B-119/17353253
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I got a great pair of "Danskin Now" at Walmart that are exactly what you described (and only $16) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-DL31B-119/17353253

Oooh, I hate shopping at Wal-Mart, but those look perfect! Thanks!
  • BarbieAS
    Options
    pmastro724 wrote: »
    I wear C9 Champion Women's Premium Semi Fit Pant from Target. They have drawstrings and bootcut leg. Just a thought - maybe look at dark lounge pants in the pajama section?

That's actually the ones I got :). They were a little long for me, but I'm making it work for now! Pajama pants could work, if they're thick enough....
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Get joggers or stretchy pants from TJ Max