Cravings

Options
Hi all I'm just wondering what you all do when those cravings for food or alcohol strike?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Figure out if it fits in my day. If so, have it. If not, make a plan to have it soon. If it doesn't seem worth the calories to me, I figure out a way to fulfill the craving with a similar food that is worth the calories to me.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Drink a couple of glasses of water and find something to do away from the kitchen.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    When I do the following, I don't have cravings:

1. Get sufficient sleep
    2. Exercise regularly - when I get the happy hormones from exercise, I'm not prone to seeking them from food.
    3. Get sufficient protein in relationship to carbs. I'm not low carb, but reducing carbs and upping protein worked for cravings for me.
    4. Take a magnesium supplement. This can be especially helpful premenstrually.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I always find a way to fit alcohol in haha haha. But I usually find other cravings are usually from boredom so I find something else to do.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Go into maintenance for the weekend... I do this sometimes because my boyfriend likes to drink every weekend.
  • KayV85
    KayV85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    They all sound good. Sleep is an issue with me it always has been. I find my cravings tend to come at night time. I'm trying to not drink alcohol this month to lose weight and give my body a break, I hit it a bit hard over christmas. Any hints & tips on weight loss are most welcome.
    Thanks for your replies.
  • Vanbell
    Vanbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    KayV85 wrote: »
    They all sound good. Sleep is an issue with me it always has been. I find my cravings tend to come at night time. I'm trying to not drink alcohol this month to lose weight and give my body a break, I hit it a bit hard over christmas. Any hints & tips on weight loss are most welcome.
    Thanks for your replies.