FitBit HR question

Options
I am new to the community area so I hope I am asking the question in the correct forum.

When I started my workout today my steps were 1223. After I finished a 45 minute walk on the treadmill (2.7-2.8 mph) the fitBit showed 3332. When I put in my exercise in it jumped up to 6,651 steps. Is it counting my steps twice? If so d I just not enter the exercise?

Thanks in advance for any help

Replies

• BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    if you enter the exercise, it shouldn't calculate more steps. not sure why it would be doing that.
  • krstang89
    krstang89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe it is being counted twice. I have heard you should choose one device to track your exercise, either Fitbit or MFP
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Did you enter the activity (walk) under activities in Fitbit? If so, yes..

Turn on the activity timer when you begin by pressing the button to start the watch.. then stop it when the exercise is somplete. It will created in Fitbit and logged one time in Fitbit and the calories will come over to MFP though your sync.
  • Carlala2
    Carlala2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit HR, and you don't need to manually log exercises like walking and elliptical because it will track it automatically. Also, I usually get a little over 2,000 steps per mile, so you can think of it that way to see if it added more steps when you logged it or not. If I log an exercise that it doesn't track automatically, it adds to the active minutes but not the step count.