Vitamins and Supplements: Best time to take? BCAAs, Flax Oil, Fish, Oil, and multi-vitamin

Options
I am doing Jamie Eason's Live Fit trainer, and she recommends her personal supplement stack which includes the above mentioned supplements: BCAAs, Flax Oil, Fish, Oil, and multi-vitamin. I know I can get these way cheaper elsewhere, but I am wondering when the best time to take them is, and if they are even necessary and/or worth it?

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161791793

- How much BCAA/EAA should i use?

Typical dosages range on the 8-10 grams BCAA/EAA containing 2-5 grams worth of L-Leucine for maximal muscle protein synthesis response.

- When should I take Free form BCAA/EAA?

Pre and/or Intra workout or in between meals is ideal. Consuming free form BCAA/EAA with complete protein or a meal is not optimal and blunts most of the purpose.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Why the BCAA Supplement is Overrated

http://www.muscleforlife.com/bcaa-supplement/
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You get plenty of BCAAs from animal sources of protein that you hopefully eat. Honestly, unless you are an elite athlete or bodybuilder, it's just not worth the money for free form BCAA powder.

Fish oil is a good source of EPA and DHA, you can take them whenever really, probably best with a meal. I've thrown up before because I took fish oil tablets on an empty stomach and they burst. Flax oil is the same type of deal, Omega 3s. Take your multivitamin with your biggest meal of the day for best results.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you're getting enough protein, you don't really need BCAA's. If you're taking fish oil, you don't need to take flax oil. Timing really doesn't matter, however you may feel better taking it in the beginning of your day whenever that may be.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I take a bit of both flaxseed oil and fish oil. They are both Omega 3's, but they do contain different fatty acids. Does it matter? Not so as I could prove, but I like it. I'm just covering the bases of EFAs.