Toast toppings

Options
2»

Replies

• Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love toast topped with avocado and a fried egg. Also good is sardines, if you like them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If you like peanut butter and it fits in your calories, keep eating peanut butter. There's nothing unhealthy about it in moderation, within the context of a well-rounded diet. I love peanut butter and refuse to entirely give up foods I love. I eat less of it than I used to, but I still eat it.

I am a bit of the opposite. Cutting out pizza entirely so I can keep drinking lol.

But thanks for the advice. I'll probably stay with the PB since that's the only time I'll eat it.

I didn't cut out pizza OR drinking, I just try not to do them both at once, lol. :)
  • beardybuddha73
    beardybuddha73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you like peanut butter and it fits in your calories, keep eating peanut butter. There's nothing unhealthy about it in moderation, within the context of a well-rounded diet. I love peanut butter and refuse to entirely give up foods I love. I eat less of it than I used to, but I still eat it.

I am a bit of the opposite. Cutting out pizza entirely so I can keep drinking lol.

But thanks for the advice. I'll probably stay with the PB since that's the only time I'll eat it.

I didn't cut out pizza OR drinking, I just try not to do them both at once, lol. :)

For sure! I wish I could do the whole moderation thing but I've found I just don't follow my diet if I'm allowed to have a little bit of something, especially in the first few months of trying to get healthy, it just all goes to *kitten*.

So it's (weirdly) easier for me to just go cold turkey.

Appreciate the advice!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

For sure! I wish I could do the whole moderation thing but I've found I just don't follow my diet if I'm allowed to have a little bit of something, especially in the first few months of trying to get healthy, it just all goes to *kitten*.

Appreciate the advice!!

I totally get somebody cutting stuff out cold turkey because they can't do moderation, makes perfect sense. I just don't get it when people arbitrarily exclude foods or entire food groups on the premise that "it's not good for them". I don't think of individual foods that way - it's all about the context within the overall diet, IMO.
  • beardybuddha73
    Options

Appreciate the advice!!

I totally get somebody cutting stuff out cold turkey because they can't do moderation, makes perfect sense. I just don't get it when people arbitrarily exclude foods or entire food groups on the premise that "it's not good for them". I don't think of individual foods that way - it's all about the context within the overall diet, IMO.

That's some good knowledge. I'm probably guilty of that myself to a certain extent. I tend to be way more drastic with my diets than most. But it's based on experience with results.

Everyone is so different it's been really interesting seeing how other folks go about losing weight.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I put a smear of lard with some fine sea salt on mine after it comes out if the toaster. I can't have butter and have never found a margarine that I liked, so I figure that this is essentially the same idea.

• PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My toast indulgence - chevre (goat cheese), apple slices, and honey. That is some good stuff. I used to put it on a bagel, but it tends to run through the hole, LOL.

Count me among the not cutting out whole food groups. I life without salty snacks is not a life I would want to live. Still, I get the need to limit your exposure. I go through spurts where I can't trust myself around a whole bag of chips, so I won't have it in the house for a while. This is also why I buy ice cream bars for dessert. They're already pre-packaged so I have no excuse to fill a whole bowl.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I like coconut butter and maybe some thinly sliced apple. Or a runny egg and avocado are excellent!
  • beardybuddha73
    Options
    PiSquared wrote: »
    My toast indulgence - chevre (goat cheese), apple slices, and honey. That is some good stuff. I used to put it on a bagel, but it tends to run through the hole, LOL.

Count me among the not cutting out whole food groups. I life without salty snacks is not a life I would want to live. Still, I get the need to limit your exposure. I go through spurts where I can't trust myself around a whole bag of chips, so I won't have it in the house for a while. This is also why I buy ice cream bars for dessert. They're already pre-packaged so I have no excuse to fill a whole bowl.

Yeah I mean I wish I could do the moderation thing with success but it just never worked for me. So I gotta go cold turkey.

Plus cold turkey is delicious ha-ha

Thanks for the suggestion!