Am I the only one.....

Options
2»

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Try using it in something instead of plain. Shred it and add spices and make chicken tacos. Or add it to a sauce or soup. That might help!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If I'm at home I saute chicken with Pam or a little olive oil. At work I just toss it cold in a salad. Tasty either way.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me if poultry is reheated on the oven or stovetop. I would wrap it in foil or reheat it slowly (at a lower temperature) with some liquid added. However, I am more likely to just eat leftover poultry cold or use it in a new recipe rather than just reheating it alone.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I no longer eat meat, but when I did, I found the taste disgusting. Too gamey.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like it better out of the oven too, but usually if I have chicken leftovers I use it in salads or tacos or wraps or something so I don't really taste it as much.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of reheating anything actually. I'm not a fan of leftovers ... so for me it's an issue. I think it's just something in my brain that makes me grossed out. I do however make chicken and then eat it cold in a salad. That I can do. I can only do it for a day however. The stores sell those packages of premade grilled chicken and I've tried to use it but just can't do it. Meanwhile restaurants probably use that all the time. So silly
  • Indygirl_81
    Indygirl_81 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have a hard time reheating or having leftovers of anything.... You are not the only one.
  • CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i dont notice. i do however have to reheat my leftovers to blazing hot temps just like fresh out of the oven/off of the stove.
  • fugaquedimicator
    fugaquedimicator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried to make my meals ahead of time and think reheated chicken tastes weird. You are not alone.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I batch cook. By default, that means I eat "leftovers" for 7-16 days (don't worry, I freeze/thaw). My mother batch cooked as a single parent. So I've been eating "leftovers" since I was 3. Eating something completely different every day? Weird, man.

I don't care for the smell or taste of over-reheated meat, either. So I never reheat to hot, only barely warm, when it's meat not in a sauce/stew/soup. Or, if there's a gravy/sauce cover for it that is going to be piping hot, just to room temperature beforehand.

Or at least that's what I attribute to why I never have a problem with weird smells or tastes to meats on Days 2-7 anymore. Then again, I also recognize that food is never going to taste as good as when it is first cooked unless it's used for an entirely new dish on the second day.

The only thing this doesn't work for is bacon. Nothing can be done for it beyond two seconds after being cooked, no matter what you do with it afterwards.