PCOS and weight loss

Hey all, i just wanted to let you know that from the knowledge of someone in health care, if you have PCOS and are overweight or struggling with your weight, the two are likely to be related. Polycystic ovary syndrome simple means that your reproductive system, which includes your hormone cycle, is not working as well as it can which causes the cysts. With exercise and talking to your gynecologist about going on birth control temporarily, you can help your body get into the habit of releasing the right hormones and natural chemicals in your body that help you to feel good and lose weight. Also another tip. During the winter, if you feel more down or fatigued and in a place where it's less sunny, you may wanna try vitamin d, supplements, as most of us get a good amount of it from sunlight (basically).

Replies

• mrsnightengale
    mrsnightengale Posts: 13 Member
    Honestly after years of struggling with pcos related weight issues and infertility. BC ended up being the answer to it all. I dropped 50lbs like nothing (seriously I changed nothing about what I was already doing to be healthy), and got pregnant right after being told the odds weren't good. My RE told me it isn't always the answer to the problem however in some woman it can be just enough of a hormone nudge to balance things back out.