One day at a time

Options
I have used this site many times. My biggest weight loss with the site was 30lbs about 6 years ago. I lost 50lbs soon after that but I did it the wrong way. I maintained until I had my first child. Now I have 2 awesome kiddos and I have gained back that 50lbs. I am here to make a lifestyle change that will allow me to set a good example for my girls and teach them positive body image. I also want to be more energetic and of course I want to look good! My long term goal is to lose 70lbs. I no longer care how long it takes! Slow and steady wins the race!

Replies

• ScottGreece
    ScottGreece Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your goal!!! I found having a personal trainer the secret for me. But going to the gym and doing a regular 3-4x a week program with a group could help. For me, the social life and support of my gym motivates me. Good luck!!
  • waterox
    waterox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. That is inspiring. I am also a mother of
    two trying to get healthier.
  • sydneelass
    sydneelass Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How old are your girls? I'm trying to find time to workout but I have a one month old that is breastfed. How do you find time?
  • bobshouse
    bobshouse Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I too take one day at a time. It is the only way. I weigh on the first of each month to stop me becoming obsessed. I feel I have spent most of my adult life gaining and losing weight and am very tired of the whole diet thing. This time I am eating normal food calorie counted so nothing is banned. I live in France where diet foods are very thin on the ground. I have worked hard to have clean food which means I now cook from scratch almost every meal! I am also vegetarian which complicates things. A lot of foods I have to take the closest for calories as it is home made...bread, jam, chutney, cakes, bottled fruit etc. I do not want my bid to lose weight to rule our lives so will quietly get on with it one day at a time.
  • Rebel_Leader
    Rebel_Leader Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Absolutely right at taking things one day at a time. I'm sure your achieve your goal.
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    sydneelass wrote: »
    How old are your girls? I'm trying to find time to workout but I have a one month old that is breastfed. How do you find time?

I have a 6 month old and a 3 year old. I am lucky to have a hubby and my parents who watch them when I need to go to the gym. In order to get in workouts sometimes I have to get up earlier to go before work. It helps to get all my stuff together the night before do I can just grab my bag and go.

• saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bobshouse wrote: »
    I too take one day at a time. It is the only way. I weigh on the first of each month to stop me becoming obsessed. I feel I have spent most of my adult life gaining and losing weight and am very tired of the whole diet thing.

Me too! I am just done with the yo yo dieting!