Weight loss shows !!

Options
Who else watches all these different kind of weight loss shows and wants to cry ???? They make the struggle look so easy but it's tough lol

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Because they're shows :p

I've watched them in the past on occasion, but didn't want to cry really. But I did feel happy many people had help getting where they needed to be health wise. Or at least on their way to being healthier than before.

Those people have a lot of courage doing things like that on television, being in the spot light while trying to lose weight etc. idk if I would have the stones for that lol
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How do they make it look easy?

It's like all social media/reality shows - people can portray their life (or be portrayed) in a certain way. It's not reality.

How much time do they spend exercising? (my guess is most of every day - not realistic or sustainable)

How restricted are their calories? (again, I'd say a lot - not realistic or sustainable)

Are the time frames real? Is a week on the biggest loser really a week? (it has been suggested that it's not)

What happens after the shows? Does the weight stay off? (no, more often than not)