Weight fluctuation but no tangible loss

Options
13»

Replies

• HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    johnboy916 wrote: »
    http://authoritynutrition.com/starvation-mode/ttp://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

I will leave these 2 articles here.... each one argues both sides..... believe what you want...... but what I preach isnt bulshit the information is out there.......

I give you a legitimate study and you give me click bait. the second one doesn't even cite anything creditable. The first one cites studies but misconstrues the results to push an agenda. Good find.
  • johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You gave a legitimate study? 3 days, six men isnt really a real study........ on top of that..... I'm no scientist (never claimed to be) but what I read in your so called great study; the study agrees with me.... those 6 fellas had a metabolic decrease of 8%....... Correct me if I'm wrong...... what are we debating here? Seems you disagree and say what I say is garbage. yet, your study proves me right. Right?
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    johnboy916 wrote: »
    You gave a legitimate study? 3 days, six men isnt really a real study........ on top of that..... I'm no scientist (never claimed to be) but what I read in your so called great study; the study agrees with me.... those 6 fellas had a metabolic decrease of 8%....... Correct me if I'm wrong...... what are we debating here? Seems you disagree and say what I say is garbage. yet, your study proves me right. Right?

What you have a problem with is the sample size fine.Also if you actually read the post in the study I agreed to a change in metabolic rate not the idea of magic fat storage. No it doesn't prove you right What is shows is after 3 days of straight fasting (not eating) there was only a minor 8% difference in metabolic rate. That means if you have a BMR of 2000 then while not getting ANY food their BMR only droped by 160. So they were still on a 1840 calorie a day deficit. Meaning their rate or weight-loss would have greatly exceeded any slowdown of their bodies basic functions to preserve energy expenditure.

They would have lost weight. Not gained extra magical stored fat like the Starvation Myth expresses.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you want to argue about Starvation Mode, could I suggest moving it to @EvgeniZyntx 's thorough discussion of the topic here? http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1077746/starvation-mode-adaptive-thermogenesis-and-weight-loss/p1

Because it's really not fair to take over the OP's post with a debate that belongs somewhere else.

As stated up thread, the OP needs to use a food scale, and weigh and log accurately.