Hello and please help! :)

Options
Hi to all :smile:

I have been on MFP for many years and have yo-yoed up and back down in that time. I've come back to it again as I like the fact that logging makes you really think about what you are eating and my memory likes to change things in my favour if I just try and remember.

However this December I have found myself at my heaviest weight, 202 lbs at just 24 years old.

What I have done before doesn't help me keep the weight off, just lose it. I tried a mix of caloric control, healthy/clean eating, no alcohol and gym (weights +classes + cardio). I also drink 2l of water a day and drink green tea + use spicy food to try and increase my metabolism.

I've started this again which has seen me lose 7pounds since boxing day, but I'm a little worried about returning to Uni next week where I put on the most weight and I'd also like also to keep it off this time

I'm looking to shed at least 50 pounds by June as I am graduating then and those photos follow you for life, but I also want to be healthy and happier which I think in turn will help me with the last stretch of my studies.

I was just hoping to reach out to the community for help and advice, possibly meet people who are/have gone through a similar experience and now that it's in writing on the internet I'll have more incentive to stick to it.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the ramblings
Good luck all on your goals here
Siobhan
Edinburgh, Scotland

Replies

• GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The only way to keep the weight off is to change your lifestyle. You should aim for eating more balanced meals, and exercising more for your health, not to lose weight. Losing weight should be just a nice consequence.
    You say you gained most of your weight on uni, which is probably why.
    Make your focus healthier lifestyle and the weight will come off on its own.
    If you're having troubles eating healthy while on uni I would suggest meal planning and meal preparation.
    Feel free to add me or check out my blog here on MFP, I have some lovely recipes that are great to make in batches and then freeze, they also have all calories already calculated for you!
    Good luck with your goal :)
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey ^^ I'm in uni too! I'm a medical student so I have very little time and I know exactly how you feel. I didn't start too long ago but i'm cutting out pre-made foods, fizzy drinks and basically things that are high in fat. I'm experimenting a lot with cooking and having fun with it! I also allow myself a small treat after dinner (a piece of chocolate...) every day and still keep within my calorie goals. I'm trying out a special tea, drinking 2 litres of water a day and drinking lemon water when I wake up.
    I'm not really banning any foods, but I'm also not giving in easily to cravings. If I really want something I have it.
    I've been overweight since my early teens and I've decided this time I'm going to do it. Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other :smiley: x
  • kayew636
    kayew636 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting again myself! I want to make new friends but I don't know how to add them
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have had yo-yo weight all my life it seems. I'm currently working to get to pre-pregnancy weight which is about 40 lbs. I am so mad at myself because I was in such good shape before my son. but we can lose this weight :#