me last time around -pregnancy weight loss-pics (SCARY!!)

Options
emmamc252
emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
ok, so i'm starting this all over again at the minute as just had my second (and for us the last) child 6 weeks ago.
I guess this post is as much to remind myself that I CAN do it, HAVE done it before and WILL DO IT AGAIN! lol but also hopefully to show other mummys that perhaps felt as absolutely TERRIFIED as I did last time that you can get your body back, even if its not exactly the same as it was before. NO MATTER what you looked like during/after pregnancy.

So before I got pregnant I was about 145lbs which to be fair was slightly on the heavier side for me anyway. I'm 5ft 7 and a bit, (don't forget the bit!!) BOTH pregnancies I have had a really difficult time, not been able to exercise and due to having pernicious anemia and other difficulties I have just piled on the weight.
I have also had 2 big babies, my daughter is now 23 months old, she weighed 8lb 10 and my son who was C-section and 2 weeks early was 8lb 13.

so this is me pregnant....
emskinny_zps9a0c15b3.jpg

I get it, not the most attractive. this was me at about 8 months!! I just HATED it!!! I honestly felt like I was going to look like an elephant forever. AND of course when DD was born I had HUGE amounts of skin and just excess belly that I thought was never going to go away.
I had a horrible birth bit DD so I didn't exercise or restrict calories until I was about 5-6 months post partum (thankfully this time the C-section was amazing and am fully recovered at just 6 weeks!! went for my first run yesterday and have been calorie counting since 2 weeks! I'm also a bit smaller as I was at 134lbs when I got pregnant)

anyway, it took me 5 months of gym 5 times a week and calorie restriction of 1200kcal a day and I did not eat back my exercise calories. I was strict but I was REALLY UNHAPPY and just had no confidence being bigger. I had to do it for myself and yes it was hard but it paid off....

emskinny_zps9a0c15b3.jpg

I got down to 130lb. my goal weight was 126 and to be fair I still had a bit of a saggy bit at the bottom of my belly but I had my confidence back. I was planning on working on toning up and doing more strength training but got pregnant with my new arrival instead!

So i'm back on it and hope to be posting my latest success story in a few months time!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!