I lost 1.6 KG in two days!

Options
I was just wondering if that is a little too fast weight loss?

Replies

• Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry that my math skills are lacking, how many lbs is that?
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd assume that it's water weight. Also, your weight can fluctuate from day to day. I've had it where mine has gone up three pounds due to high sodium, then back down 5 pounds. I wouldn't expect it to continue :ohwell:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    3 or so pounds could just be water weight shifting. You could gain that back or drop more or level out in a week's time.

It is not recommended to weigh in every day. Try once a week. If you don't lose any weight one week, get out the tape measure and check if you've lost inches. The scale is not your friend and will lie to you at times!! Your body composition changes over time, and the number on the scale will not dictate that! :flowerforyou:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    99.9% sure that's water weight. See how quickly you're losing over the next 2 or 3 weeks, and if you're still losing more than 1 kg per week, eat more.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it happened every day you should see a doctor. That would be extreme and unnatural. But in just one day, it's just water loss. Happens to me every month.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's a lot in two days, probably water weight...
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It's likely to be water weight, then again if you've been stuck at the same weight for a week or two it's not unusual to see a drop like that as your body adjusts itself.

What is your average weekly loss like? Have you had any nutritional changes in what you eat lately? Increased water and/or reduced sodium etc?

Still a result though, and while I agree you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday it's a nice psychological buzz that things are moving in the right direction. ;o)
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost 10lbs (4.5kg) in a day. It all depends on you water intake and sodium levels.
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When you hear it is unsafe to lose more than 2 pounds per week, that number refers to calorie deficits, not necessarily scale-weight.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    More than likely water weight. Your wieght can change +/- 3lb ever day due to water weight, so this is why I avoid weighing daily because it can easily scare people
  • smellyden
    smellyden Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks all, Not really sure if its water, but today I eat over my calorie guidelines by over 500 calories, so hopefully I should see a increase!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It happens to me every month honestly. I lose 5-6 lbs in less than a week, and I've seen jumps of 3lbs in one day. Then nothing for 3 weeks... it's how it works for me.