Healthy Carbs

Options
What are some of your fav (clean grain free) carbs to get in to meet what you need for the day or post workouts ?

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Gummy worms and Swedish fish, and various chocolates if I've got fats to spare.
  • nfigeley
    nfigeley Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    Gummy worms and Swedish fish, and various chocolates if I've got fats to spare.

although I Love Gummies in any way shape or form I am afraid this carb cycle won't work for me this time lol!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    What is a "clean" carb?
  • nfigeley
    nfigeley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    What is a "clean" carb?

unprocessed , No breads like carbs that come from your veggies , broc, spinach, cauliflower . I try and stick to more of a paleo style diet trying to get Ideas to replace the grains that are currently in my diet .
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    nfigeley wrote: »
    What is a "clean" carb?

unprocessed , No breads like carbs that come from your veggies , broc, spinach, cauliflower . I try and stick to more of a paleo style diet trying to get Ideas to replace the grains that are currently in my diet .

Well, then I guess the only answer would be fruits and veggies?
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ^This

Well, then I guess the only answer would be fruits and veggies?

• Oscarg99
    Oscarg99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Red potatoes boiled. Add a bit of coconut oil salt and fage Greek yogurt.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    What is a "clean" carb?

I was going to suggest peas, beans, and lentils, but those are likely out as well. I believe that sweet potatoes are considered acceptable by most people who follow paleo. And depending on your flavor of paleo, raw white potatoes (I really don't understand that one). Some people like riced cauliflower, although I hate the flavor of cauliflower, so I've never had it.

I tried paleo for a little while, but it cut out too many foods I enjoy, and there was no reason for me to suffer since only a calorie deficit is needed.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Potatoes... sweet potatoes.. or any and all fruit and veg.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bananas. For post-workout, specifically a banana with almond butter.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds sprinkled with cinnamon to snack on, I love them :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    beans
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize you were looking for paleo options. Still, I thought paleo had a number of meanings, I'm sure there are homemade paleo swedish fish on pinterest. lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    legumes, lentils, brown rice, quinoa, oats, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, grits, all manner of fruit and veg, etc...
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    blended frozen banana post workout - tastes like ice cream!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    blended frozen banana post workout - tastes like ice cream!

Yonanas-50eb4c2e.jpeg?ver=1415385736&aspectratio=1.5
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What are some of your fav (clean grain free) carbs to get in to meet what you need for the day or post workouts ?

What carbs do you need to meet? Aren't they optional? I track protein and keep an eye on fats both as minimums but let carbs fall where they will after meeting nutritional needs

I don't accept any need for clean eating ...a carb is a carb as long as it fits in to calories goal in my book
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest nice cream but someone got there before me :)

Pulse frozen bananas in a blender until creamy. Good with berries, peanut butter, cocoa powder, frozen coffee cubes, etc. etc. Add some avocado slices for a texture closer to ice cream.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Mixed frozen veggies, go with everything, yumm yumm clean and carbilicious :).