Lunch choices

Options
I am looking for healthy lunch options. Any ideas would be great!

Replies

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "healthy"?
  • HARLEYzFIT
    HARLEYzFIT Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    By healthy I mean not too high in fat but good amount of protein and nutritional value. I want things that are relatively easy to put together.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well, that's going to depend on a lot of different factors, starting with what you like to eat. I am assuming you are packing a lunch for work. Do you have access to a kitchen, and if so, what are your cooking options? Our break room at work is equipped with a refrigerator for storage, a microwave, a toaster oven, and one of those instant hot water things for making tea or pouring over a cup of noodles.

I take the easy way out. I generally just package up a portion of the previous night's dinner into a tupperware container. In the morning all I need to do is grab it out of the refrigerator and bring it with me to work. I just pop it into the microwave for a few minutes at lunch time and enjoy.

When I'm traveling, sometimes I make a meal that's meant to be eaten cold. Grain based salads are my friend here. They store well and can be eaten cold. Tabbouleh is great and easy to make. This quinoa based salad is delicious! http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beet-blood-orange-quinoa

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    And what do you like to eat?
  • StephBirchUK
    StephBirchUK Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just some ideas...

Chicken (pre cooked) with microwaveable vegetables (you could also add brown rice)

Homemade soup with whole grain roll

Tuna mixed with garlic and chilli with a mixed leaf salad

Take eggs into work break two into a mixing jug, whisk microwave for a bit till it rises, whisk again and microwave a little longer = scrambled egg! Serve with some spinach and whole grain toast or toasted pitta.

Essentially try to have protein, veg or salad and optionally add something that is a whole grain.

Hope this helps!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'll cook one pot meals. Soups, stews, curries, chilis, and so on and freeze them in individual portions. Grab whatever one looks the best to me in the morning and log it from the recipe builder.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I work in an office and have access to a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster over and hot water. My lunches are usually one of the following:

-Leftover dinner from night before
    _Salad with grilled chicken
    -Turkey and cheese on sandwich thin
    -Ground turkey/rice with veggie

Easy!