One can of soda = 15 lbs. of weight

Options

Replies

• CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Switching to orange juice thanks to this info!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you drink a lot of sodas then simply drop them from your diet and chances are you will lose weight...or at least stop gaining. But you would have to replace it with a 0 calorie drink option.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Cannot tell if serious

But just for fun

330ml orange juice = 141 calories
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Have you looked at the calories in orange juice?
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Cannot tell if serious

But just for fun

Wait, people are actually serious about the stuff they post here?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't know who is joking and who isn't in this thread. :(

I wish that I had a can of pop a day habit, though, as that would be so easy to quit to lose the weight. Instead I have to cut my calories from sources that I like more than pop.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I wish that I had a can of pop a day habit, though, as that would be so easy to quit to lose the weight. Instead I have to cut my calories from sources that I like more than pop.

I drink a can or two a day of diet soda. Does that count? :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I drink a can or two a day of diet soda. Does that count? :)

No the right kind :( Sorry. Maybe switch to regular for awhile and then switch back to diet. Then, shazam, 15-30 pounds a year.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Cannot tell if serious

But just for fun

Wait, people are actually serious about the stuff they post here?

You forgot the winky guy ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

My *kitten* was a joke

If that helps

:)
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not really as you'd gain weight your CO would change causing a slight decrease in gain for the year. Good news is after your body reached its current tdee +150 that soda become maintenance. Unless people keep building on more and more eventually you will hit CI=CO.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    But what if I can work soda into my daily calorie allowance to remain in a deficit?

And if I ate 150 calories of broccoli every day over my maintenance calories, the same math would apply.
    If and when you do this please stay down wind from us. Thx. M-u-ah :p
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    Yup - that one can of carbonated sugar water is something that many people will find easy to ditch in order to meet a calorie goal for weight loss and still get enough macro and micro nutrients to be healthy.

• johnnylakis
    Options
    It's true. One serving of organic steel cut oatmeal* has 150 calories. Times 365, in one year, that's 54,750 calories. One pound of body weight is 3,500 calories. 54,750 divided by 3,500 is 15 lbs!

So the solution is clear. By cutting out organic, steel cut oats we can end ALL TEH OBESITIES!!!!!!!!

*country choice organic steel cut
    This comment makes me fear for the future of America. You are comparing oatmeal to a glass of water in terms of nutrition? No wonder the immigrants are coming here, buying our land and renting it back to us.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's true. One serving of organic steel cut oatmeal* has 150 calories. Times 365, in one year, that's 54,750 calories. One pound of body weight is 3,500 calories. 54,750 divided by 3,500 is 15 lbs!

So the solution is clear. By cutting out organic, steel cut oats we can end ALL TEH OBESITIES!!!!!!!!

*country choice organic steel cut
    This comment makes me fear for the future of America. You are comparing oatmeal to a glass of water in terms of nutrition? No wonder the immigrants are coming here, buying our land and renting it back to us.

Love sarcasm, yes!!
  • johnnylakis
    Options
    I'm wondering what OP was trying to accomplish by posting this. I mean, at 400+ posts, he's not exactly a n00b.

I call trolling.
    no, not a troll. just trying to give some MFP members an easy way to lose weight.

• johnnylakis
    Options
    That would mean 365 cans of soda = 15 pounds, not one can.

One can of soda per day for one year
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

So, a professor who has 0 to do with nutrition looks over a bunch of nutritional studies and makes claims most likely not supported by the studies she looked over. And that is called a study in the title of the article.
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    They do say that soda triggers your brain to want more sugar