HRM - has this ever happened to you?

Options
2»

Replies

• luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use the Ft40. It happens sometimes when my bra moves the transmitter. It's super annoying when it happens, but a quick wiggle does the trick.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have the same HRM as you and I have had this problem now for months. But for me it has happened when I strength train or do cardio. I tried to use a different strap it worked for a bit but than again had the same problem. I am thinking battery but I have stopped using it and have been using my bodymedia. But plan to either get a new one or try to get a new battery
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My Polar FT7 started doing that after being used only for a month or so. Drove me crazy. So I ditched it and started using Polar RCX3. RCX3 (still) works perfectly - and I still use the same straps as I did when I had FT7 so I guess the problem was with the FT7 connector.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yeah that happens to me when the strap isn't in the right place, or moves slightly. :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and same thing is happening. I tried to clean the strap and use a gel, but it doesn't help. I can't open the transmitter by myself!!!! That's so annoying. I'll try a jeweler. Thanks for the tip.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when the strap isn't touching my chest properly, usually when I am bent over.

A secondary question about the FT4.

When I am running and my heart rate goes into the 170's, it says 'not in zone', why is it no longer in the zone when my heart rate is high and what zone has it gone into exactly now?

It means it has moved too high to be in the "fat burning zone". It considers the fat burning zone to be around 120-145bpm mark (approx).

I don't worry about the zone bit, I do however, use that to see how long it takes me to get above 145bpm (so out of the zone) when running. You see, if I could manage to stay below 145bpm, it would be a hell of a lot better for me than the average 160bpm I get at the moment lol. It can be a useful tool.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Mine did it all the time, once I changed the battery in the watch and the strap it was ok. Make sure you clean the strap.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey hun I have the same and Polar and trust me its the battery dying put fresh battery in and it works like new
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Electrode Gel. 5 bucks a tube. Will change your life!!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Electrode Gel. 5 bucks a tube. Will change your life!!
    I use that, too. Amazon.com sells a version called "Buh-bump".
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions. Last time I used my HRM it decided I was dead too...
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just clean it real good before you go to the expense and trouble of having a jeweler replace what is possibly a good battery. If it still acts up after a couple of good cleanings THEN change the battery. The battery is specified for approx. 700 hours of operation, after all.

I use the buhbump stuff too and it does help. However when the thing was brand new it didn't need it. More evidence that a good cleaning was in order.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Mine did that on a walk the other day. I looked at it and thought, well this thing either isn't working or I'm having a heart attack. Felt fine so I took my chances and kept going :)

The next time I used it it was totally fine, so who knows. And it's only about 2 weeks old so I'm pretty sure I don't need a new battery.