Need help figuring calorie burn

Options
I have a quick question.. I bought one of the Marie Osmond body gym deluxe exercise things from QVC and it walks you through the steps on how to do them and how long it takes to do the short workout but doesn't give you calories burned doing them.. it is basically a bar with a resistance band on it that you can change weights and stuff.. how would i go about telling this so i can log it for today?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    DawnReid04 wrote: »
    I have a quick question.. I bought one of the Marie Osmond body gym deluxe exercise things from QVC and it walks you through the steps on how to do them and how long it takes to do the short workout but doesn't give you calories burned doing them.. it is basically a bar with a resistance band on it that you can change weights and stuff.. how would i go about telling this so i can log it for today?

What exactly do you do with it, and for how long?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Oh...I just googled it.

Ultimately burn will be based on your current size, and length of time you use it. That said, it's not likely to be very high. Maybe 100 calories an hour?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Under the cardiovascular section there are basic categories for exercise. The reason for the basic categories is that calorie burns are total estimates. Especially with strength training there are too many factors to get an accurate burn.

Look for a similar category & use the calories provided. Pilates sometimes uses resistance bands. Strength training is a possibility.

Circuit training has an aerobic element. If you stop and do jumping jacks (or other cardio) then use that.
  • DawnReid04
    DawnReid04 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you guys for your help!! The short workout is only 9 minutes ( there are 2 short workouts) and then it has a 1 hour dvd and a 4 hour dvd. I was able to do the 2 short 9 minute workouts today ( definitely felt the burn, this is my first time doing any real exercise in a very long time).