Sedentary, lightly active or active?

Hello!

I am just struggling to understand what category I must fit into, as I don't want to be eating to little or to many calories.

I usually work 5 days a week sometimes 7 on 8 hour shifts where I'm on my feet all day, I walk to and from work which is 30 mins each way, when home I do sit alot though. Unless going out of course.

I take around 6000- 8000 steps a day on my phone tracker walking to and from work and things, but that's without me holding my phone during my working hours which I'm walking about.

I don't do any other exercise, although I'm about to start to but I will log that separately.

What activity level do you guys think I should put myself under? :)

Thanks!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I'd probably consider that lightly active.

Ultimately, pick something - try it out for a while, and if your results aren't matching up, tweak after a few weeks.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I would set yourself as lightly active. After 4 weeks you can tweak your calories up/down as needed.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    I think based on what you said you would be at least lightly active or active. You don't take purposeful exercise into account when setting your activity level on MFP. It's just your day-to-day movement.

You can always just pick one and see how it goes. If after a month or so you're losing too fast/not enough, you can adjust.

Another alternative, depending on your budget, would be to get a fitbit or other activity tracker and sync it to MFP. This will adjust your calorie goal for the day to match your actual activity level, which is good for people like me who move a lot some days but not so much on others.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    what they said...