any filling snacks that are not popcorn or nuts?

Options

Replies

• tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry to quote so many ty for all the help! U all are amazing
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I suggest bigger meals and no snacks...
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    Can u define a bigger meal? More veggies more protein? Am cluess last time I seriously dieted was 25 years ago..
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    phxteach wrote: »
    google recipe for one minute flax seed muffin. Since the flax is ground, possibly you could tolerate it. It is very filling and relatively healthy with tons of fiber.
    Have to check that the disease I am speaking of causes seeds nuts and popcorn to catch in your colon..had a friend have it bisected after the infection set in..but flour would be ground right?..how many cals per muffin?

• tracykreczmer
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with a little fruit (usually fresh pineapple) and a handful of chocolate chips.

Never had it with choc chips yummy ty!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any really good snacks that do not contain nuts or popcorn or seeds? I have diverticulitis (sp) and am tired of pretzels and carrots. Anything without too much sugar too. Am limiting my fruit too. Thank you!

Hard cooked eggs. I cook up a dozen at a time and keep them in the refrigerator.
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    Rice cakes (either white cheddar or with a little peanut butter (or soy butter if you're avoiding nut products) jam or chocolate spread on top, snap peas, greek yogurt, fruit salad (especially melon), oven baked potato wedges, scrambled eggs with veggies thrown in, oatmeal.

How many wedges can u have?? What do u coat them with...am drooling ty!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Can u define a bigger meal? More veggies more protein? Am cluess last time I seriously dieted was 25 years ago..

Vegies for volume and fibre, protein and good fats too. I find eating 5-6 times a day tedious and unnecessary (and also makes me feel more hungry and have uneven energy) so just divide my macros between my 3 meals (or 3 plus dessert).
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I hope it is diverticulosis and not a diverticulitis attack. I have diverticulosis and I found I was sensitive to certain foods (potatoes). Avoid potatoes, no attacks. But I suspect the go, no-go foods are highly individual.

How about bread?

Yes I am sorry it didn't come up in my spell check..as u know seeds nuts and popcorn get caught in the colon and infection sets in..had a friend who had it..had her colon bisected...never heard of potatoes doing that..wow I love spuds..thank u for that heads up u are awesome..going bread free for a few weeks..
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with a little fruit (usually fresh pineapple) and a handful of chocolate chips.

Fresh pineapple is a great idea to mix in ty!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes (either white cheddar or with a little peanut butter (or soy butter if you're avoiding nut products) jam or chocolate spread on top, snap peas, greek yogurt, fruit salad (especially melon), oven baked potato wedges, scrambled eggs with veggies thrown in, oatmeal.

How many wedges can u have?? What do u coat them with...am drooling ty!

All depends on how many calories I have left, I log the toppings first (usually olive oil, garlic powder, seasoning salt, onion powder, parsley and paprika or chili powder for some heat) and then I use the food scale to weigh out how much raw potato I should cut based on how many grams will fit in my allowance. If my man is also having some I will just double that and try and split it as accurately as possible afterwards.
  • MyBoyG
    MyBoyG Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like ThinAddictives with Laughing Cow cheese.
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    @maroonmango211 I don't have a food scale..has this been a helpful tool? Love your seasoning mix..bet it is good on proteins too!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Anyone have any really good snacks that do not contain nuts or popcorn or seeds? I have diverticulitis (sp) and am tired of pretzels and carrots. Anything without too much sugar too. Am limiting my fruit too. Thank you!

Hard cooked eggs. I cook up a dozen at a time and keep them in the refrigerator.

Great idea..filling too ty!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    MyBoyG wrote: »
    I like ThinAddictives with Laughing Cow cheese.

What are thin addictives? Are they in the cracker aisle? Praying my small town grocery store carries them..I love trying new products. Ty so much!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love Fiber Ones products. Very filling and yummy.
  • tracykreczmer
    Options

Vegies for volume and fibre, protein and good fats too. I find eating 5-6 times a day tedious and unnecessary (and also makes me feel more hungry and have uneven energy) so just divide my macros between my 3 meals (or 3 plus dessert).

I saw the macros on the diary..what are they? Do u do more veggies to protein ratio or even..any good fat choiced..gosh I feel old and uninformed!
  • tracykreczmer
    Options
    I love Fiber Ones products. Very filling and yummy.

I do too the brownies..ohh..do u know of any that have less sugar..just for a bit am limiting my sugar and bread...
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @maroonmango211 I don't have a food scale..has this been a helpful tool? Love your seasoning mix..bet it is good on proteins too!

It has been one of the most useful kitchen tools I've picked up in the last years for sure. Without it, portions of anything but liquids are just estimates and for things that are higher calorie (like starches, butters, spreads and condiments) we can very easily over estimate enough to put us in the red. It's probably one of the main reasons for the 'what am I doing wrong I'm not losing' threads. I got mine for 5 bucks at a bargain store, for the most part they can be picked up pretty cheap.

It really is a universal seasoning mix for almost anything. Add a little cumin to it as well and its great for taco beef/turkey/tofu or mixed in greek yogurt for a southern tex mex salad dressing.
  • tracykreczmer
    Options

It has been one of the most useful kitchen tools I've picked up in the last years for sure. Without it, portions of anything but liquids are just estimates and for things that are higher calorie (like starches, butters, spreads and condiments) we can very easily over estimate enough to put us in the red. It's probably one of the main reasons for the 'what am I doing wrong I'm not losing' threads. I got mine for 5 bucks at a bargain store, for the most part they can be picked up pretty cheap.

It really is a universal seasoning mix for almost anything. Add a little cumin to it as well and its great for taco beef/turkey/tofu or mixed in greek yogurt for a southern tex mex salad dressing.

Going to go see if they have any online..how do u measure liquids? Would love too see a pic of it..I bet I am eyeballing my food wrong...great idea for a dressing..wow ty for all your help!