steep uphill climb calories burned?

Hi! Question about calories burned walking up a very steep incline

Every morning i wake up and hike to the summit of our mountain on the small paved in road.

i say "hike" instead of walk because the incline is just ridiculous the whole way up, I've yet to measure the grade exactly, but its so steep that i would compare it to a 35 degree angle (yes THAT steep) its scary even to go up in in a car..
It goes approximately 100 feet vertically within, i dunno a quarter mile or less.

I know that uphill walking burns more calories than regular road walking, yet this is much more intense than even stair climbing. How would you all figure your calories for this? It takes approx 20 minutes to get to the very top.

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Hi! Question about calories burned walking up a very steep incline

Every morning i wake up and hike to the summit of our mountain on the small paved in road.

i say "hike" instead of walk because the incline is just ridiculous the whole way up, I've yet to measure the grade exactly, but its so steep that i would compare it to a 35 degree angle (yes THAT steep) its scary even to go up in in a car..
    It goes approximately 100 feet vertically within, i dunno a quarter mile or less.

I know that uphill walking burns more calories than regular road walking, yet this is much more intense than even stair climbing. How would you all figure your calories for this? It takes approx 20 minutes to get to the very top.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    depends on lots of stuff. I would say the only way to really know with any degree of accuracy is to use a heartrate monitor, otherwise you are just estimating.