Sitting at my computer crying.

Options
This doesn't count as motivation and probably not support, but didn't know where else to put it. Since we are both retired my husband and I both do our own laundry. Last night before I went to bed I washed a load of most of my clothes and some tops I really liked that I finally can wear. When I got up I went down to the basement to put my clothes in the dryer and I couldn't find them, but my husband was washing a load. I went up and asked what he did with my clothes. He didn't even check and put a load of white clothes on top of them and added bleach. All I have left to wear are a few pairs of crop pants and shirts that are several sizes to big. I hate to go out and buy new clothes while I am still losing weight so I guess goodwill here I come. I will miss my one pair of jeans that fit the best the most.

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    a mistake like that is worth soooooo many foot rubs!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    a mistake like that is worth soooooo many foot rubs!

Yes I agree. You deserve a back rub too.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This doesn't count as motivation and probably not support, but didn't know where else to put it. Since we are both retired my husband and I both do our own laundry. Last night before I went to bed I washed a load of most of my clothes and some tops I really liked that I finally can wear. When I got up I went down to the basement to put my clothes in the dryer and I couldn't find them, but my husband was washing a load. I went up and asked what he did with my clothes. He didn't even check and put a load of white clothes on top of them and added bleach. All I have left to wear are a few pairs of crop pants and shirts that are several sizes to big. I hate to go out and buy new clothes while I am still losing weight so I guess goodwill here I come. I will miss my one pair of jeans that fit the best the most.

:frown: wait....you mean they get dumber? :flowerforyou: just kiddin'....mine couldn't possibly be any dumber, lol.
    I'm sorry you're having a bad day, I've had those :ohwell: they suck like the d!ickens.

Hope it gets better for you :flowerforyou:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Not a particularly observant fellow, is he?

Oh well, go take yourself on a Goodwill shopping spree. =)
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    OH no, What is wrong with him? Oh never mind, I know, he is MALE. They do some of the most irritating things. LOL I am so sorry this happened. I think he owes you a trip to Goodwill, or any thrift store and he needs to pay. Hugs toadbaby
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ooo i love goodwill, and value village...but I'd totally grab some "not so cheap" clothes too. I'm not saying a versache dress, but maybe step into Ricki's and get a few on sale items :) He wouldn't dare complain about the money spent.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I agree, you do deserve a foot rub! And he should take you out to buy a pretty new dress! =)

Cheer Up!!
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Count your blessings he does laundry!!!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Might be a daft answer on my part but can you not "salvage" any of them? I'm thinking Dylon washing machine dye. It may mean you have to resort to black & dark purple, but its worth a try & at a few quid works out far cheaper.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! Men! This is why my husband is not allowed to wash any of my clothes.
  • CubicCutie
    CubicCutie Posts: 53
    Options
    Dye them all black. You'll look cool & ultra slim !:glasses:
  • AliceA2013
    AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I once lost all my family digital photographs in a computer crash. It helped me to remember what the buddhists say: that everything in life is transient but we always remain :)
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Oh nooo! After I threw a major tantrum, I'd head to the mall! Goodwill is ok for some things, but you're gonna need a really good pair of jeans and maybe a couple of new summer dresses! And he'd better not complain! And while you're at Goodwill, pick up a pair of pants like his favorite but 2 sizes smaller, and after next laundry day, slip them in his closet and tell him, "Oops, must have shrunk them in the wash!! " bwa ha ha ha!
  • Pink_Zombie72
    Options
    Oh no :( That stinks!! I'm sure he feels bad. Second hand clothes might be the way to go. Hopefully they can tide you over until you drop another size or can afford better...
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How frustrating! Get yourself to Goodwill but also, splurge on something very nice :). A new dress maybe?
  • kiesha22001
    kiesha22001 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh nooo! After I threw a major tantrum, I'd head to the mall! Goodwill is ok for some things, but you're gonna need a really good pair of jeans and maybe a couple of new summer dresses! And he'd better not complain! And while you're at Goodwill, pick up a pair of pants like his favorite but 2 sizes smaller, and after next laundry day, slip them in his closet and tell him, "Oops, must have shrunk them in the wash!! " bwa ha ha ha!

LMAO - I love the way you think!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Dye them all black. You'll look cool & ultra slim !:glasses:

Love it! :drinker:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wow! Here is a :heart: .
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    That is super frustrating, sounds like something my bf would do, which is why I've banned him from doing laundry (to his delight.) I love love love the Goodwill, though. You'll be hip with us kids now. =)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I agree ....... he owes you BIG TIME !

When I first got married, mine did the laundry & shrunk all my sweaters to Barbie-doll size ..... I wouldn't let him touch the laundry after that ......

Now I realize ...... that was his PLAN all along :laugh: